Dear Radmin users,
Famatech announces the release of version 2.2 of Remote Administrator (Radmin).
Radmin 2.2 is a solution to ever growing requirements and escalating security threats. This new version ensures the secure usage of Radmin even if a user is unconcerned about Radmin's security settings.
Radmin 2.2 includes new security module where the following improvements were implemented:
- To prevent incorrect Radmin server configurations, it now cannot be used without a password or NT security. Blank password installs are no longer possible.
- Smart protection from password-guessing. This protection includes such features as password anti-guessing security delays, banning IP adresses with excessive number of password guess attempts, etc.
- Server password protection. Now the server software actively protects its settings, which are stored in the system registry. Only a user with administrator privileges can access this registry branch.
- New, fully OS-integrated NT security system with NTLMv2 support. Now permissions for Radmin connections can be given to users from trusted domains and Active Directories. Also, our users will see a familiar security GUI from the Windows OS series.
- Radmin server now starts as a service only on Windows NT/2000/XP, which improves security.
Upgrade policy Radmin 2.2 server and viewer are compatible with the 2.1 server and viewer, so you will be able to connect to a 2.1 server with a 2.2 viewer and vice versa. Also, the Radmin 3.0 beta viewer is compatible with 2.2 servers. Registered 2.1 users can upgrade their software to 2.2 or 3.0 for free, registered 2.2 users may upgrade to 3.0 for free as well.
Pricing and upgrade policy
Our pricing model will remain the same for version 2.2; registered 2.1 users will be able to upgrade their software to 2.2 and 3.0 for free, and registered 2.2 users will be able to upgrade to 3.0 for free.
Please note that 2.2 is a security update that provides our users with the maximum security possible. It will not influence the upcoming 3.0 release. Please remember that you can find 3.0 news and beta updates at www.radmin.com/about/news/. We recommend you to download Remote Administrator 2.2 at http://www.radmin.com/download/.