Famatech offers a 33% discount to schools, universities, hospitals, charities and ecological organizations.
└) Educational Institutions - Defined as an accredited K-12 education institution or higher education institution organized and operated exclusively for purpose of teaching its matriculating students. An accredited institution must be:
A public or private K-12, vocational school, correspondence school, junior college, college, university, or scientific or technical school. An accredited preschool meeting all of the following criteria:
- is an early childhood program that serves a minimum of ten children between two and five years of age;
- has been in operation for at least one year;
- provides educational services, and
- is incorporated for the purpose of providing education services to children between two and five years of age.
B) Administrative Offices or Boards of Education of Educational Institutions - Defined as district, regional and state administrative offices of the Educational Institutions defined in above.
C) Public Libraries - Must meet all of the following criteria:
- provide general library services without charge to all residents of a given community, district or region;
- are supported by public or private funds;
- make its basic collections and basic services available to the population of its legal service area without charges to individual users, but may impose charges on users outside its legal service area; and
- may or may not provide the products and services, beyond its basic services, to the public at large with or without individual charges.
D) Public Museums - Must meet all the following criteria:
- are a public or private agency or institution organized on a permanent basis for essentially education or aesthetic purposes;
- utilize a professional staff; and
- own or utilize tangible objects, care for them and exhibit them to the public on a regular basis.
E) Non-profit/charitable organizations that do not meet the qualifications above may qualify for the discounts in the case of Famatech approval. Contact us to be qualified.
Special note regarding Hospitals, Healthcare Systems and Research Laboratories
Hospitals, healthcare systems and research laboratories (e.g. independent research laboratories or research laboratories affiliated with the Department of Defense or the Department of Energy) are NOT eligible for academic pricing unless they are wholly owned and operated by a qualified Educational Institution as defined above in this Section A. To be "Wholly owned and operated" the entity must be owned, controlled, and operated solely by the Educational Institution.
Not Eligible for Educational Pricing:
Training Centers, Churches, Hospitals, Healthcare Systems, Research Laboratories that do not meet the qualifications above.