/ / /
Famatech Releases Two New Free Utilities
Famatech International Corporation has announced the release of two newly updated free utilities that are both reliable and rich in functionality – the Advanced IP Scanner 1.5 and Advanced Port Scanner 1.3.
Moscow, July 10, 2006 – The leading company worldwide for systems remote administration - Famatech (www.famatech.com) - has announced release of the Advanced IP Scanner 1.5 and Advanced Port Scanner 1.3. These recent software updates now provide users with fast, easy-to-use, and improved free utilities. Both utilities have been popular in the past with more than one million downloads each - and both features possess newly optimized scan engines that are the fastest available on the market.
The Advanced IP Scanner 1.5 is a LAN Scanner for Windows with newly upgraded functionality including:
- Multithreaded network scanner that can scan a large network in a few seconds.
- Fully configurable scan speed and quality – number of thread, scan timeout and retries can be configured by the end user to produce best performance.
- Ability to retrieve network information: NetBIOS names, MAC address, and more.
- Remote computer shutdown and wake-on-lan.
- Launch common task for found computers – each scanned computer can be connected via ‘Explorer’, Telnet, or HTTP from it’s context menu, thus speeding up and easing network maintenance tasks.
- Radmin integration allows connecting to a remote computer if installed
- Organize and re-scan lists of computers with customizable appearance and comments.
- Ability to save, load and export scan results for use in other programs such as Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet software.
The Advanced Port Scanner 1.3 is small, fast and user-friendly. The program scans specified port range, retrieves information about all ports, and reports if there are any services turned on. Newly upgraded functionality includes:
- Fully configurable Port Scan – number of threads, scan timeout and retries can be configured by the end user to produce best performance.
- Multithreaded port scanner scans hundreds of port simultaneously at maximum scan speed. Multithreaded scan also greatly speeds up the process if a connection is slow.
- Scan results can be saved in ‘tab delimited format’ for using in other programs such as Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet software.
“I believe it is important for Famatech to not only create a secure remote control solution software such as Radmin, but to provide system administrators with exceptional tools to check the security of computers and entire networks,” said Dmitry Kurashev, President of Famatech International Corporation. “Our free utilities are the most essential tools for any administrator – they make it possible to maintain the functionality of network infrastructure and check computers for vulnerabilities – quickly and easily.”
Back to the press releases list