Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 16699Topic:: «Advanced IP Scanner, Advanced IP Scanner unable to resolve name» on forum: Free Network Utilities by Famatech
Hi
We have been using Advanced IP Scanner + Radmin for a while, What I've noticed though is that some PC's are not 'seen' properly. When scanning, the entry for under 'Name' for here is C/R.
I have tried to configure the firewall to allow the name to display, but I am struggling.

Thanks in advance smile:D
In order to retrieve computer name, target computer must answer corresponding NetBIOS request. Make sure, that "ping" command for such computers works both with they IP AND name.
Best regards, Gregor Petrov, Famatech
Sorry, I have not accurately described my problem.

Before we added XP sp2, we could see the 'name'
column.
Now we just get C/R

Any ideas........................... smile:(
WinXP SP2 enables built-in Internet Connection Firewall without letting you know. Built-in firewall blocks almost all incoming connections. You need to disable built-in firewall or re-configure it to allow incoming connections.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Ilia Demenkov wrote:
WinXP SP2 enables built-in Internet Connection Firewall without letting you know. Built-in firewall blocks almost all incoming connections. You need to disable built-in firewall or re-configure it to allow incoming connections.
Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov

Hi,
Just want to know what C/R stands for, what does it actually mean in words? thanks.
Does that mean Change Request?
Pages: 1