Support
Authorization

Newsletter

Settings

Minimize button on toolbar (especially in full screen)

Forums list
Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 10244Topic:: «Minimize button on toolbar (especially in full screen)» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
It would be great if in fullscreen mode, there was a minimize button in the toolbar, before the "close" one. Seems pretty simple and it would save much time when in need to go back and forth between local and remote PCs.
Yes, I agree, this is a VERY basic function that is missing. With Radmin it appears you have to disconnect and reconnect every time you want to access a remote PC? Or, change from Full Screen mode to Normal Mode then minimize, hmm.

Add to this you can't save passwords for fast access (well I guess you can download some guys program as a hack for this limitation) and you have two extremely basic functions missing.

To me it seems like the programmers are focusing on a few people's requirements, rather than what the broader base of users actually want.
Ok, well I waited 9 months and the minimize button is still conspicuously missing.

Is there a shortcut key combination that is able to minimize the remote session? This is driving me crazy.

Thanks!
Does f12 -> minimize works for you?
Hi Eugene.

It works but it's not convenient. It would be much easier if a minimize button existed in the button bar. One could use your reply to argue that the Exit button is not needed because "CTRL+F12, Close" could be used instead. Still the Exit button does exist in the button bar and i guess it was put there for a reason. Why not have a Minimize button too? It doesn't seem too difficult.
Edited: Anony Mouss 12/22/2009 00:48:31
F12 does not minimize, it only cycles through the different views (i.e. normal, stretch, full screen, etc.). I hate to compare Radmin to Windows Remote Desktop (Radmin is way better imo), but Remote Desktop does have a convenient minimize button on its toolbar. If I recall correctly, remote desktop uses the basic windows' buttons, minimize, maximize, and close.

It seems like Radmin should have these "basic" windows buttons available on its toolbar as well, no?

I feel like I'm missing something here, like this function was intentionally left out for security reasons or something.
F12 THEN minize.

I've added this wish to our wishlist.
I've added this wish to our wishlist.

Great to hear that. Thanks.
Thanks Eugene!
I've put Radmin on the back burner until until the minimize button gets added (not holding my breath though, been waiting over a year). To be honest, I've gone back to using remote desktop in win7 and pretty happy with it.

Remote Desktop doesn't span and scroll the screen (remote is multi-monitor) like Radmin, but it does have Aero which I actually find myself using a lot.
I have a stupid question. What is good in Aero? Everyone want it and nobody could explain to me why they like it ;/ personally I don't really notice if Aero is on or off at my home PC.
Actually, I think that's a fair question. I wasn't so hip on Aero at first, but it's definitely grown on me.

I like it because on my remote PC (typically running Outlook and Vmware w/ 3 virtual machines, and other s/w) I can check email without maximizing Outlook, and I can hover over the Vmware taskbar icon and see preview windows for all three virtual machines, and then select the one I want to open...I like that better than maximizing Vmware, then selecting the tab of the VM from within Vmware.

I guess what I like most about it is the previewing ability without clicking. I now find myself missing not having it on my old IBM x40 Thinkpad (video chipset not supported).
Edited: Jim Rogers 04/06/2010 19:53:52
Anony Mouss wrote:
It would be great if in fullscreen mode, there was a minimize button in the toolbar, before the "close" one. Seems pretty simple and it would save much time when in need to go back and forth between local and remote PCs.

How about this? It seems like a useful addition to radmin. Is it expected any time soon?
Edited: Nick A 07/29/2011 05:23:28
REALLY !! When can we have a "Full Screen" to "Minimize" button???

Not supporting this request by now is just stupid. It can't be the most challenging software task you guys have. You already support all the screen modes, Full, Resize, Minimize. There are requests in this thread back to 2009.

Here is a thread requesting it back in 2006:
http://www.radmin.com/support/forum/index.php?PAGE_NAME=message&FID=24&TID=10931&MID=26630#message26630

LogMeIn has a "Full screen" to minimize button. GoToMyPC has a "Full screen" to minimize button...
AND THERE FREE !!!

I do NOT use my RAdmin for help desk type stuff. I am accessing my own PC remotely. I keep it open most of the day and switch from Full screen to resize to minimize AND THEN BACK AGAIN, 15 times a day. I am actually considering using GoToMyPC. My company has GoToMyPC on my work PC and the Full Screen to minimize feature is blessing on it.

REALLLY, this is an "Easy-Win", "Low Hanging Fruit" for RAdmin. PLEASE PLEASE, fix this already those of us requesting this from 2006 until now will thank you.

Regards,
Jim
This is a good feature. Having a minimized button on your system tray might be perfect.
Feature added in v3.5! Many thanks. The new toolbar with the autohide option is very convenient. Why though, did you remove the "close" button from the non-fullscreen toolbar? OK, i understand why but personally i was used to it... Anyway, i guess i'll get used to close the window from the normal close button.
Edited: Nick A 03/07/2013 06:51:41
Pages: 1