Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 11309Topic:: «Symantec 10.0, Symantec ENgine 10.0 detects radmin as a virus» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Is there are workaround for Symantec 10.0 detecting radmin.exe as a virus?

I see this has been a discussion earlier, please refer to other posts on this topic.
Symantec added the following articles to their knowledge base:

Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 9.x detects Remote Administrator (Radmin) as an expanded threat (http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/c9b1a c1936fbf63488256e77006521df/0432a26c674d976588256ecf005cd04c ?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam)

Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 10.0 quarantines or deletes Remote Administrator (Radmin) (http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid /2005051215400948?Open&src=ent_gold_nam)

Please refer to those articles. Also, please install the latest updates for your Symantec products.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
I downloaded the trial to my pc, symantec 10 told me it is infected. I deleted it right away, this was downloaded from this site. If its bot a virus, call symantec and inform them.
[URL=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/hughes40/radmin.jpg]Radmin in Symantec[/URL]
If its bot a virus, call symantec and inform them.

We have already done this, but they seem to ignore our requests.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
I'm sure it will be a feature in Symantec 11.
A K,

I'm sure it will be a feature in Symantec 11.

I doubt it. It was never like this in previous versions of SAV. It’s most likely a way to get you to by their Software PCAnywhere. It has almost all the same features as Radmin 2.2 except for the fact that Radmin is faster, and more stable then PCAnywhere in my opinion. From what I see this is grounds for an anti-trust lawsuit, I've seen it happen time and time again with whomever vs. Microsoft.
--------------
...I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Gia...
I doubt that Famatech has enough resources to fight Symantec in legal way. Sorry guys, but it really seems so, considering the fact that radmin was being detected a long time ago by other products too.
I have an idea: why not build versions 2.1a and 2.2a using a different compiler or something like that so that they would appear unknown for AV programs? I suppose the detection is integrated in the SAV engine itself, not in virus definitions, so it should help at least until the next version. Well, and we could build 2.1b and 2.1c too smile;)
I doubt that Famatech has enough resources to fight Symantec in legal way. Sorry guys, but it really seems so, considering the fact that radmin was being detected a long time ago by other products too.

As individuals maybe not but I know for a fact that there are other legitimate programs that are being detected and deleted with no option to exclude in all areas of Symantec. So maybe forming an alliance with other providers of remote access software that is being targeted by symantec like this would be a viable solution or course of action. They might be providers of competing software but the products but phrase enemy of my enemy is my friend.
--------------
...I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Gia...
Pages: 1