Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 7748Topic:: «Linux Version, Linux Version in the future?» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Is there any plans for a linux version of this excellent software? We are currently using vnc on our linux systems but would much prefer using radmin.

thanks,

There's no Radmin version for Linux OS. We are planning to develop a Linux version of Remote Administrator, but now we are extremely busy with beta-testing of Radmin 3.0. The development of Linux version was not started yet.

It's possible to run Radmin 2.x Viewer (but not Server) under Transgaming's WineX (Windows emulator for Linux)

1. download this RPM: ftp://ftp.codeweavers.com/pub/cw-wine/codeweavers-wine-20020904-7.i386.rpm
(for mandrake user: remember to do a printerdrake from the terminal before install , go to expert section and install your printer, it will give you the xmessage dependence that codeweavers needs and that you can't found anywhere else)
2. you must be logged in as root for install (rpm -i codeweavers-wine-20020411-6.i386.rpm)
3. Now you must log out from root and type winesetup with normal user account.
4. Run radmin by doing: "wine Radmin.exe"

Remember WineX has a limitations and it can't be launched from as (since WineX setup can't handle root user) so use a normal user to lunch "wine Radmin.exe" command.

The only limitation is that keyboard shortcuts are disabled (for example, F12 can't switch screen modes) and right-click on the top of the screen won't change screen mode.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Hello,

What about the linux version, about 2 years later ?

Thanks

Edit : Oups, sorry, I just saw I'm not the only one to ask this...
Pages: 1