Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 29412Topic:: «Remote view webcam?» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
I was thinking that it might be cool to have the possibilty to remotely view a webcam.. I dont know if this has been suggested but I like the idea.

Im thinking about buying a license because radmin is really good.
I was thinking that it might be cool to have the possibilty to remotely view a webcam

You can do it with the current version of Radmin, when overlay is turned of under webcam settings on the remote side.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
How would I do this?
thumbtak wrote:
How would I do this?

This depends on the webcam software you are using. Please ask your webcam software developers how to disable overlay for thier software.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
I was woundering how to view a webcam over a remote connection.
I was woundering how to view a webcam over a remote connection.

Disable overlay under webcam software options.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
is there anyway that you can remotely view the webcam without the person at the remote comp knowing. example when i go away i want to be able to view my webcam at home from where i am staying
There is a way to turn overlay off with a trick.
First you have to run some other application that users overlay. For instance windows media player and play a videoclip with it. While playing click on pause.
You can use overlay only with one application, so the next video application you start will run without overlay. So if you leave the mediaplayer on pause and then start your webcam software, it will run with overlay off and you can see remote the picture.
It sounds like what he is seeking is a webcam server software. There are many out there, several are free. They will broadcast the webcam to a webpage, which he can connect and see without using RAdmin.

I ran it at my house for a while, but it's sort of quirky.

Good luck,
Thomas Dietrich
Network Administrator
Basco Shower Enclosures
Millions of people use skype for their phone calls, audio chat etc. and it is very easy to install a web cam. It works quite well also with slower connections. I believe we would all appreciate if r_admin could allow using a webcam also as easily as it is with skype
Thanks for the advice guys. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Richard

Richard Blank
CEO
Costa Rica’s Call Center
ceo@costaricascallcenter.com
www.costaricascallcenter.com
888-271-6750
Hi,
I can't figure out how to use Radmin to view webcam remotely. would someone please explain it step by step?
thanks
Pages: 1