Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: Prev. 1 2
  Views: 26592Topic:: «How to connect to a LAN network» on forum: Network management general discussion
Solution i mentioned above works if you have ADSL modem and internet connection comes directly to your W2k3 server and then it goes through switch to your local computers. As i understand your network configuration up to now it is hard to implement Radmin on your local pcs. You need to place above the switch something which would be possible for routing data packets.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
But if i connect internet directly to my windows 2003 server and then to switch, i have to share my internet connection through proxy but i think it will slow down the internet speed. Hence i was trying to configure directly through switch. Is there any other method to configure it.
Either with router or any thing.
Thank you.

i have to share my internet connection through proxy

You may NAT instead, or W2k3 server + ISA server which is more complicated but powerful solution. Productivity of such solution depends on hardware of your server. Also you can place router instead of server between internet and your local network. Configuring router is much simpler than server.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
No i dont want to go for ISA server as it is more complicated and even our hardware doesnt support.
And now i want to know how to configure router between internet and local network, please post in detail which will help me a lot.
I am having a router of
Belkin F5D7230-4 Router
Model: F5D7230-4 - Data Transfer Rate: 54 MBps - 2.4 GHz - Wireless Connection.

I think the connection from internet should be connected to one port of router and second port of router to one system say windows 2003 server, and one more port of router to switch, and all other systems are connected to the switch.
And now i have to configure router through my system connected to router (windows 2003 server system), is this is correct. But i think it wont work since the connection from internet is connected to router and server, switch both are connected to router so i dont understand where the packets will go either to system or to switch so i think this dont work, i have to do more for that.
And one more question i want to ask is if the connection from internet is connected to switch or hub or router and one system is connected to that component, and if i give the ip of the internet will it connect to that system since there are no other systems connected.

Please help me out.

And now i want to know how to configure router between internet and local network

In order to allow administration remotely with Radmin do the following (check link below please)
http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Belkin/F5D7230-4/Remote_Administrator.htm

i dont understand where the packets will go either to system or to switch

You can define this on your router.

And one more question i want to ask is if the connection from internet is connected to switch or hub or router and one system is connected to that component, and if i give the ip of the internet will it connect to that system

If your switch, hub, router supports NAT then yes, if no you can try, but i think this is meaningless.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
I had configured my router to port forward 4895 to 192.168.2.5 and portnumber 4896 to 192.168.2.6 and so on.....my router ip is 192.168.2.1 my isp ip is 68.x.x.x Now what i had thought is if I give 192.168.2.1 with port number 4895 it will directly go to system of 192.168.2.5 and if I give 192.168.2.1 with portnumber 4896 it will go to 192.168.2.6 But its not happening when i give the ip 192.168.2.1 with any portnumber its giving error "can't connect to server" even if I give the ip of isp 68.x.x.x its giving same. I dont know the port forwarding is taking place or not. And also please help me in how to connect to these lan systems. The thing is if I give isp ip 68.x.x.x with portnumber 4895 it has to connect to 192.168.2.5 and if I give isp ip with portnumber 4896 it has to connect to 192.168.2.6 like this setup I needed for this pls help me where to place my router and how to do this.
With Best regards,
kiran.
Kiran,

Does your Internet Service Provider (ISP) filter those ports? My ISP will not allow traffic on anything but 4899.
Haiii BW,
I had port scanned my public ip using third party tool advanced port scanner from o-6000 and its showing that only 3 ports 23,53,80 are open and remaining all are closed but i think this is not correct I am able to use my yahoo messenger, wise-ftp and etc..,,, which port numbers are different and its showing they are not opened but even then I am able to connect. I dont know whether this tool is giving me correct information or not. U can suggest me if there is any tool to port scan and also please tell me how to open any ports in local computer I had not blocked any port in my local computer and for ISP I think I have to take their permission. I will be thankful to u if u can help me more.
Pages: Prev. 1 2