Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 12888Topic: pinned: «Remote Uninstall of 2.2 & 2.1, previous versions» on forum: Network management general discussion
I've successfully created a MSI with all our companies preferred setting and licensing info, I can push this out via GPO however is there a way of uninstalling version 2.1 & 2.2 from the current users remotely via some tool or GPO?

I have played with the uninstall.exe for 2.2 & 2.1 to add it to the radmin 3.0 MSI install so it removes the previous versions first however this has not been to successful in my test cases!

Any ideas welcome
I've also been attempting to come up with an automated way to uninstall 2.2 and 2.1 from systems. I can make everything work right up to the point of running the uninstall.exe from the previous versions. I can't find any command line switches to automate that process. No matter what I throw at it, they always ask questions and throw screens up that need to be responded to.
I'm very interested in learning if there is some way to really uninstall these previous versions without logging into and responding to prompts on a couple of thousand systems.
Anyone have any luck with this?
Hi

Would it be possible to create a .reg file that you could open on each machine that would then delete the required entries in the register of the remote computers?

[url]www.AMW1.com[/url]
Removal through GP:
I've been playing around with a few options.
Here's what I've come up with:

Create a batch file with the following named 'RemoveOldRadmin.bat':

IF NOT EXIST %ProgramFiles%\RAdmin\uninstal.log GOTO NOVER20
%SystemRoot%\unvise32.EXE /S %ProgramFiles%\RAdmin\uninstal.log
:NOVER20
IF NOT EXIST %ProgramFiles%\RAdmin\uninstal.exe GOTO NOVER21OR22
"%ProgramFiles%\RAdmin\uninstal.exe" "%ProgramFiles%\RAdmin\uninstal.ini"
RD /Q /S "%ProgramFiles%\RAdmin"
:NOVER21OR22
RD /Q /S "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Remote Administrator v3.0"

Create a GP and have the batch run under the 'Computer Configuration', 'Windows Settings', 'Startup' script.

Just make sure that the 'Authenticated Users' group is placed on the 'RemoveOldRadmin.bat' file for read and execute security permissions.

The only annoyance received is at the workstation startup when the Remote Admin version uninstalls itself and the user at the workstation has to press 'OK' to complete the uninstall.
Edited: Stuart Egdell 09/17/2008 19:39:00
Sticked (I didn't test this solution by myself, so feedback will be very useful)
Pages: 1