Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 2277Topic:: «Radmin connection problem» on forum: Network management general discussion
okay im goin away for a week and i wanna have access to my laptop

so first i tried windows remote thingy, but i gave up and now tryin radmin

3 computers are involved of this.

1) win7, connected to 2. computer via router(LAN), has set up radmin server
2) win xp, connected to 1. computer via router(LAN), has installed radmin viewer
3) vista, computer i will be using for a week, will install radmin viwer until i get there

okay i wanna get access from comp3 to comp1 .

but im using comp2 to test if radmin works

so basically i put up server on comp1 and looks good, tried to connect to it with comp2 with public IP, it was connecting and then said connection unsuccessful or smthin, after that i tried the LAN ip (192.168.x.x), was able to connect and do everything

so what is the problem. why can't i connect via public ip. cause i need to connect from comp3 to comp1 with that.

if my text is fuzzy, feel free to ask

main thing is that, i am leaving tomorrow. so i need to get it workin fast
Edited: Tom Jones 07/18/2011 16:00:29
Hello,

We suggest you using port-forwarding. When a computer on the internet sends data to the external ip address of the router, the router needs to know what to do with the data. Port Forwarding simply tells the router which computer on the local area network to send the data to. When you have port forwarding rules set up, your router takes the data off of the external ip address:port number and sends that data to an internal ip address:port number. Port Forwarding rules are created per port. So a rule set up for port 53 will only work for port 53.

More information on port-forwarding you can find here: http://www.portforward.com/help/portforwarding.htm

Please, visit this page, find you router model and follow the onpage instructions:

http://www.portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/radmin_-_Remote_Administrator/radmin_-_Remote_Administratorindex.htm
You will now need to Click "Start"
Choose "Shutdown"
Then Choose "Restart"
You will now be presented where you need to fill in a reasoning for the reboot, you may place anything in there you like.

Click "Ok"

Your server will now reboot and be back online shortly. Once it is back online, you should be able to connect to your server using Radmin.
Pages: 1