Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 5170Topic:: «Connect over the internet problem» on forum: Network management general discussion
Hi, I'm new here. As the solution that I found in the topic in forum, I have followed all step but still can't connect to another pc over the internet. What I do is that after installing both radmin server and client, then I installed LogMeIn Hamachi both on local and remote pc.

I run Hamachi on pc as host network, then on remote pc, I run radmin viewer and entered ip of Hamachi of remote pc. But still can't connect. what is the problem?

Thanks.
Hello,

1) Are you able to ping/telnet the remote PC? (via Hamachi IP).
2) Check that your firewall isn't blocking the connection.
via Hamachi, I can chat but when I ping it can't. So, how to solve this?

I add exception in firewall for both Radmin Server and Client
Try to shutdown Firewall completely. If you can't ping Hamachi IP - please contact their tech support, something is wrong.
I found some information over internet maybe it will help you:-

A primary computer, called a gateway, that provides network connectivity to the Internet. This computer must be running Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows 2000, or Windows Me with Internet Connection Sharing enabled.
One or more computers running Windows 95, Windows 98, Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000, or other TCP-IP enabled client software.
Devices that are capable of connecting to the Internet.
A network connection device for each computer.
Cabling and hubs, depending on the type of connection devices you use.
A single modem (or an ISDN or ADSL line) for the entire network.
Internet browser software and TCP/IP drivers installed on each device that shares the connection.

You can enable Internet Connection Sharing by using the Add/Remove Programs tool in Windows 98 Second Edition or Windows Me:
Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add/Remove Programs.
On the Windows Setup tab, double-click Internet Tools.
Click to select the Internet Connection Sharing check box, and then click OK.
Click OK, and then follow the instructions on the screen to run the Internet Connection Sharing wizard.
Edited: Eugene Idzikovsky 12/09/2011 07:10:52
Diana at this time still use windows 98?

I use windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. I tried to find solution about this but still can't fix it.

Thanks anyway
Applies to all editions of Windows Vista.

Compare editions
See also

Troubleshoot network connection problems
Tips for solving problems with Internet Explorer
Reset Internet Explorer settings
Network connection problems in Windows
Troubleshoot Internet connection problems

Troubleshooting Internet connection problems can be a challenge because there are so many possible causes. First, try these steps:

Open Network Diagnostics by right-clicking the network icon in the notification area, and then clicking Diagnose and repair.

Make sure that all wires are connected (for example, make sure your modem is connected to a working phone jack or cable connection, either directly or through a router).

Reset your modem and router. Remove the power cord from the modem and/or router, wait at least 10 seconds, and then plug the modem and/or router back in.

Check your router. Because of the new networking features in Windows Vista, some older network routers are not fully compatible with Windows Vista and can cause problems. You can test your router to see whether it is fully compatible with Windows Vista by running the Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool. Or, for a list of routers that are compatible with Windows Vista, go to the Windows Logo'd Products List website.

Thanks
Rama Kant
CoreIT Developer
I had the same issue but the firewall configuration have solved the issue.
I think you fire wall is creating this error some sites won't allow firewall so go and check your firewall.
________
http://technical-support.igennie.co.uk
http://www.igennie.co.uk/hp-support.html
My friend facing same issue. can not connect remotely.
Thank You
Fix My Computer Dude
Pages: 1