Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 11995Topic:: «Cebit is here where is Radmin 3?» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
Hi,

as a paying customer of a bunch of licenses i would like to know where the promised version 3 is?

Please give us an update on which date of the fair u will inform
the public.
You can watch working Radmin Server 3.0 beta at CeBIT, up to now there is no public release of Radmin Server 3.0
We plan to release Radmin 3.0 by the end of March 2006 if there won't be serious bugs in it.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
ok will wait these few days till we switch to the new version
Roman Makarov wrote:
You can watch working Radmin Server 3.0 beta at CeBit, up to now there is no public release of Radmin Server 3.0
We plan to release Radmin 3.0 to the end of March if there won't be serious bugs in it.

Attending to previous release announces, I think that when you say "we plan to release Radmin 3.0 to the end of March", you should say which year's March are you talking about.

Common sense leads to think you mean March, 2006, but there are so many previous "we will release it soon"...
smile8) As a longtime user of Radmin, I too am frustrated with the release of Version 3. BUT, Radmin 2.2 Server with the 3.0 Beta Viewer allows me to perform all the functions I need.

I have a client with 40 Sites in 4 States and the software allows me to maintain them without going on site.

I am most looking forward to the text messaging in the new version, but I can always talk to them over the phone so it is not critical.

We purchased Radmin for the ease of use, security, quality of product as compared to other products on the market at the time.

The one feature I could really use is not even going to be in Version 3 and that would be to be able to connect with a Web Browser.

If I would be able to connect over a web browser with an active X control, I would not have to carry my laptop everywhere I go. It has gotten so hectic I even have a Verizon Wireless Broadband connection, so I can connect remotely on the side of the road or in a diner.

Now with the Citrix GoToMyPc available, we performed an eval of the product. Radmin wins hands down, except for the Web Based client. Radmin was more reliable, faster and gave us better usability. Even if they were evenly matched, pricing for GoToMyPC Pro costs over $3000 a year for 20 machines. I manage 100 remote PC's. So even if we got a discount, I would expect they would want $10,000 a year for 100 Machines.

We purchased the Helpdesk version. The software is a bargain and has paid for itself over and over again.

I'll keep Radmin...Thank you.
Roman Makarov wrote:
We plan to release Radmin 3.0 to the end of March 2006 if there won't be serious bugs in it.

What I'm worried again here is that they still leave the door open... smile:o there is a big IF .
I can't believe after all this time being Beta (internal to them that is) they have the guts to say " IF there won't be serious bugs in it." smile:!:

Is there none that has been to the CeBit yet here???
Hi,
thanks to those who appreciate our product advantages. Sure I understand your concerns and we hope to meet them as soon as possible.

Now seven of us are on CeBIT and we're really showing how 3.0 works. I hope some of you can attend and see what we have done. Not mentioning the new features I can say that 3.0 with new video hook driver works even much faster than 2.2, CPU usage has dropped to several percent. Believe you or not but you can se it right now at CeBIT, Hall 6, B57.
Well, the least your team could do is creat some kind of video and/or flash-animation for those of us not fortunate enough to be able to attend CeBIT this year!

If you notice the careful "precision" wording "release Radmin 3.0 to the end of March 2006 if there won't be serious bugs in it." Although I love the product, this to me in so many words, basically says "we still don't really know when you're gonna see v3.0 but it probably won't be in March."

So thats why I ask, please let us see some video feature demonstration to keep interest in the product hot!!
Hi,
I have bin to the Cebit.
There is a working version of server 3.0 smile:!:
I didn't test it. It is installed on one machine and a client. smile:!:
There is no beta to test at work or home.
I don't understand how Farmatech can release a version at the end of march without a public beta. smile:?:
How can they test it.
They have had radmin 3.0 in testing for 3 years or so.

Really, radmin is a very example of how to release a new software version
I believe it was already posted that a beta of 3.0 server is to be released at the end of March. The 3.0 viewer beta is over a year old also with only 1 minor update.

As others have mentioned, Famatech is getting outdated with RAdmin and people are looking for alternatives. I believe it is closer to 4 years since they have promised 3.0. At this pace, Windows Vista will be released before RAdmin 3.0 and yet another unsupported operating system.
Radmin Server 3.0 will be released to the end of March 2006 or few days after. This information i got from one of our developers. I can't tell you the date, sorry.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
With the release, how will that affect those of us that bought Radmin 2.2, 3 plus years ago, under the assumption that 3.0 would be out within a year, and the updgrade would be free?

With the release, how will that affect those of us that bought Radmin 2.2, 3 plus years ago, under the assumption that 3.0 would be out within a year, and the updgrade would be free?

Positively.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.

I've been eagerly anticipating my free copy of 3.0...for 3 years now...

Rick Buford
http://www.famatech.com/support/forum...#nav_start
]
yeah that's been out there for some time now that's for sure ... smile:!:
--------------
...I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Gia...
I just hope that the Beta 3.0 will not be detected by Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition as Spyware. Because, if not we may be forced to switch to a new product.

I just hope that the Beta 3.0 will not be detected by Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition as Spyware.

We are carrying out an agreement with Symantec.
With the release of Radmin Server 3.0 this problem will be fixed, i hope.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
Pages: 1