Before I consider upgrading several dozen machines to the upcoming release, is there any indication on the horizon that AV companies will stop treating the product (or at least the server portion) as a virus/trojan/threat? The current 'fix' from Symantec is not really a viable longterm solution.
While I think we all understand that it's difficult to devise and test every possible scenario and software combination, it's clear, and has been for some time, that the issue between Radmin ver. 3.0 and Symantec 10.x is one that bears extensive testing. Our environment is one that many of your Radmin users operate within, one in which they must find creative methods (and I'll call them creative because it's not always a given that exclusions for Radmin will prevent Symantec from seeing it as a security risk) to provide for the peaceful cohabitation of the two applications. Unfortunately, the day will come that sees a large chunk of your customers making the decision that the very reasonable license cost of your product isn't enough of a draw vs. the time spent with this issue to prevent them from finding other remote tools. My suggestion: I don't care who initiates this dialogue but get on the phone and start talking with Symantec, get it fixed and make things right. Or at least let us know that you've actually made a valid attempt to do so because there are several Radmin users who are uneasy with your efforts to work this out, and I'll count myself as a member of that group.
We understand that it is a real problem as for Radmin users so for Symantec's. That's why we were requiring Symantec to change this. About one week ago they have confirmed us that they remove all Radmin files from their detection lists. We hope that this issue will be completely resolved within very short time.
If that's true, and I hope it is, you will have some *very* happy corporate customers. This is great news!
Please let us know when Symantec has removed Radmin from detection.
Has anyone outside of Famatech contacted Symantec to check the status of this? I'll try to call them soon, but we have only Gold support, and I can't sit on the phone for an hour waiting for a L1 tech to bump me up to L3. Then again, I can't afford to get this wrong, either.