Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 12860Topic:: «RADMIN 3 Betta 1, testing issues» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
First of all thank you for the public betta

I install it on the Win 2000 server as server and viewre on XP.
First impression - is not bad, At least I can use mouse scroll weel. And Alt-tab now working for remote window

Second impression - you have to add some changes ...

First one - PLEASE assign hotkey combinations for
Get Remote Clipboard and Set Remote clipboard.
It is few line of code, PLEASE DO IT

second one - you add a toolbat on window
Lets' user deside to keep it or hide it. In some case when resolution the same let's me hide it (It is remote side option)
Wow, surprize! Get and set clipboard doesn't work at all
How do we get a new key???
I am also not able to get the clipboard functions to work.
Boris Rudoy wrote:
First one - PLEASE assign hotkey combinations for
Get Remote Clipboard and Set Remote clipboard.
It is few line of code, PLEASE DO IT

Or better yet: introduce an automatic mode. Get/set the clipboard when the mouse is leaving/entering the window...
K H wrote:
Or better yet: introduce an automatic mode. Get/set the clipboard when the mouse is leaving/entering the window...

As long as I could turn the option on or off it would be good!
--------------
...I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Gia...
I think there is a slight problem with the cursor feature, it seems to always draw the remote cursor. I'd prefer changing the local to the remote and not have two cursor images...
Also - on the new floating toolbar. Could you add baloon tips for each of the tools. That would be extremely helpfull.

Thanks again . . .
Boris Rudoy wrote:
second one - you add a toolbat on window
Lets' user deside to keep it or hide it.

Hear Hear,

I like a remote screen without anything cluttering it. So an option to hide that floating toolbar as default would be much appreciated. Strange: I have a Matrox Dualhead with two monitors. On the "main" monitor I see the floating toolbar, and if I drag the radmiin window to the second screen and maximize it, the toolbar is gone.

The toolbar needs some tooltip's for the icons. But that doesn't matter for me, will not use that goodie anyway.
Firstly... Thanks guys for releasing the beta! Great stuff. Now we can get started with testing. smile:D

I would like to know how or where you would prefer us to post any bugs we find. It would be great if you guys could post a thread where we could see the known bugs in this release. Thar way 253 people wont keep posting the same errors over and over again.

Thanks again guys
Garth
Of course, following updates will be made during beta testing:

- We will add ability to show / hide remote window toolbar
- We will activate get/set clipboard feature
Best regards, Gregor Petrov, Famatech
First of all ... great job, the most important thing is, that we can't use the new 3.0 beta viewer with the old server version 2.1 or 2.2 ...
will that be corrected , too?

Thank you for an answer ...
Of course release version will maintain backward compatibility with Radmin Server 2.1 and 2.2. We just disabled this feature for beta testing in order to get clean testing results.

Radmin Server 3.0 have much more advanced functionality. It may not be visible by first glance, but it is. The communication layer between Radmin Viewer and Radmin Server was rewritten and greatly evolves during the years of development. Release version of Radmin Viewer 3.0 will support older Radmin Server in 'compatibility mode', using old communication protocol.
Best regards, Gregor Petrov, Famatech
Notes from initial testing...

Viewer
1) new view will not import the original v3 viewer phone book
2) floating toolbar (on full screen) should show name/ip/etc of machine connected
3) connection cycle takes a LOT of time, old versions (2 and 3) were almost instantaneous for password request, new version takes over 10 seconds
4) v2 compatibility mode' would help us evaluate this version now; original v3 won't work with new server
5) 'flash screen' that comes up on connection request won't go away if connect fails; need some sort of 'stop trying' button

Server
1) beta version removes all previous severs settings (ip filter, license, etc)
In the server options from the tray icon, it seems like call back functionality is greyed out. I take it this isn't enabled yet in the beta -- or is there some configuration required to enable it?
What about the license key??
Can we get a new one for the new version, because the old key doesn't work ...!!

Thank you for a comment ...
You don't need to register the BETA! When the final release comes out then they will take care of license keys. (read in another post )
Has anyone got the Blank screen and lock keyboard mouse functions to work? smile:?:
Hello, i've used the verison 2.2 as a trial and now that i hear the beta is out, i wanted to run a trial of that, but it asks me for a license key, what's up with that? I am looking at buying this software, but i want to see the beta, so i know if i should wait for full release comes out or what. Thank you for your response.
Pages: 1