Boris Rudoy wrote:
second one - you add a toolbat on window
Lets' user deside to keep it or hide it.
I like a remote screen without anything cluttering it. So an option to hide that floating toolbar as default would be much appreciated. Strange: I have a Matrox Dualhead with two monitors. On the "main" monitor I see the floating toolbar, and if I drag the radmiin window to the second screen and maximize it, the toolbar is gone.
The toolbar needs some tooltip's for the icons. But that doesn't matter for me, will not use that goodie anyway.
Firstly... Thanks guys for releasing the beta! Great stuff. Now we can get started with testing.
I would like to know how or where you would prefer us to post any bugs we find. It would be great if you guys could post a thread where we could see the known bugs in this release. Thar way 253 people wont keep posting the same errors over and over again.
Of course release version will maintain backward compatibility with Radmin Server 2.1 and 2.2. We just disabled this feature for beta testing in order to get clean testing results.
Radmin Server 3.0 have much more advanced functionality. It may not be visible by first glance, but it is. The communication layer between Radmin Viewer and Radmin Server was rewritten and greatly evolves during the years of development. Release version of Radmin Viewer 3.0 will support older Radmin Server in 'compatibility mode', using old communication protocol.
1) new view will not import the original v3 viewer phone book
2) floating toolbar (on full screen) should show name/ip/etc of machine connected
3) connection cycle takes a LOT of time, old versions (2 and 3) were almost instantaneous for password request, new version takes over 10 seconds
4) v2 compatibility mode' would help us evaluate this version now; original v3 won't work with new server
5) 'flash screen' that comes up on connection request won't go away if connect fails; need some sort of 'stop trying' button
1) beta version removes all previous severs settings (ip filter, license, etc)
Hello, i've used the verison 2.2 as a trial and now that i hear the beta is out, i wanted to run a trial of that, but it asks me for a license key, what's up with that? I am looking at buying this software, but i want to see the beta, so i know if i should wait for full release comes out or what. Thank you for your response.