Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: Prev. 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
  Views: 120264Topic:: «Radmin v3 Beta - Remove how to tray icon» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
I will not be upgrading the computers in my company until the hide icon option is put back in.

There is a workaround to this problem. You can use SysTrayX (http://www.xdesksoftware.com/systrayx.html) to hide the icon and any other icon you wish to hide from the systray (and even from the STX menu itself). Then you can password protect STX menu and u r done.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
Roman Makarov wrote:

I will not be upgrading the computers in my company until the hide icon option is put back in.

There is a workaround to this problem. You can use SysTrayX (http://www.xdesksoftware.com/systrayx.html) to hide the icon and any other icon you wish to hide from the systray (and even from the STX menu itself). Then you can password protect STX menu and u r done.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.

Are you kidding me? THAT is your official work around for this problem?

If you're advertising this work around, why not just re-instate the option in the software again?
Roman Makarov wrote:

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.

This is not a good fix for a corprate network enviroment. This however would be great if I wanted to spy on a friend.
--------------
...I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Gia...
Um i tried that SysTrayX (http://www.xdesksoftware.com/systrayx.html) ***** and it ended up not working so well. so please add the option back.
Let's make the issue an easy one for Famatech to understand, by starting an online petition.

Famatech can administer the petition, since it will be the one who will eventually want to validate the numbers of existing users who will NOT upgrade to 3.0 without the presence of the "Disable/Hide Task-Tray Icon" option.

A simple version could go like this at the top:

I _______, a legal owner of a valid ___-User license of Radmin 2.2 or 2.1, and I have found that it will be a detriment to my overal administrative abilities if the "Hide Task-Tray Icon" option is removed, such that I will NOT be deploying Radmin 3.0 in the future. I request that Famatech update the Radmin 3.0 software to once again enable this option.

Signature line would be just filling-in the blanks as they apply to you, then adding your own internet signature.

If enough people like the idea of a signature, but don't care to disclose the info I listed above, then maybe Famatech could keep that info blocked from public view and only report on the actual current tally/score.
David Matson
Consultant, Freelance Writer, Product Reviewer
Moderator at MobilitySite, GPS Tuner
Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices - Testing
I've just installed the Beta 2 version of radmin server. I think all is ok (considering this is a beta version) but if you have desactivated the hide tray icon option why don't you put a password when a user want to stop radmin server?
There is always conflictive users in a corporate or office and if you support them from another city, what can we do if radmin server is stopped?
Please reconsider your decission about desactivate hide tray icon option.
plus um if we buythis product why should we need to install another program just to hide the icon??? just give iit to us back and screw symantec. or password protect the stop and starting of the service. not very hard.
I also agree that the icon has be able to be disabled so that users cannot change options or so that they have to enter a password to be able to. smile:evil:
Thanks to all for this discussion and sharing your opinion. It's very important for us to have such feedback.

Basing on this we have decided to make the special build of Radmin3 with a "hide tray icon" option. It will be available for all registered users upon request.

We're not going to make these special builds for v3 betas but you can be sure to have it in the release version.

I hope it solves the problem.

Warm regards,
Dmitry
We're not going to make these special builds for v3 betas but you can be sure to have it in the release version.

OMG! If I read your post correctly Dmitry, you are saying that Famatech is going to allow the "hide tray icon" option in a special build of the Final Build version, but it will take the user specifically requesting to receive this special version.

To what e-mail address do we need to mail our request in, and approximately when will this final version be ready?

If we need only make the request thru this forum, then I formallly request a copy of this special build that will include the abilty to enable the "hide tray icon" option...
David Matson
Consultant, Freelance Writer, Product Reviewer
Moderator at MobilitySite, GPS Tuner
Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices - Testing
Dmitry Kurashev wrote:
It will be available for all registered users upon request.

Dmitry,

Thanks!

I trust we wil be informed in detail how to order that special build.

Michel Uphoff
Thanks Dmitry, that is a huge relief!
This is a good solution, the two versions should be easily distinguishable to satisfy the SOX guy.
I see some guys asking for silent install now...
It seems to me that silent install + hide tray icon = haxor ware.
and there you are again on all the virus lists.
I'm happy as long as you release one legit version that addresses compliance issues. One that works right, anyway...see my next post under a bug topic
Hopefully if they do a special version for users, it's compiled specifically for those users in such a way that if it's illegally used for spyware, it can be added to virus/spyware definitions without affecting the rest of us.
Thank you Radmin. This is a very good alternative. and for having over 5000 visits i think this was an important topic. Thank you once again and hope to see the final version.
GOD ***** SYMANTEC and their STUPID USELESS ANTIVIRUS!!!!!!!

Special version or not, Symantec sucks sooooo much balls when it comes to programming (their programmers are on the same level as children learning C++) but yet they have the power to force other companies to change their software.

Symantec should be dissemboweled, deconstructed and buried as far underground as U.S. laws permit for the handling of extremely hazerdous ***** . Symantec is a company of FILTHY RITCH LAZY bums that caters to unknowledgable ignorant brainwashed people who continue mindlessley buy their expensive yet USELESS products.

I hate you Symantec. You let me down from the once noble company you were 10 years ago. So now we have to expect SEPARATE product for a stupid rediculous 10-line code-modification that allows for icon-hiding. Thats dumb. I say Famatech should spit in Symantecs and other AV vendors faces instead and not let them dictate how to program YOUR software.

I mean people are going to buy ONLY the special version now which is a virtual guarantee and we'll all be back in the same boat because AV vendors (and fake AV vendors like Symantec) will slap it right back on the "Riskware" list. Also, why are customers so blind? You DO know we have a such thing as EXCLUSION LISTS in ALL AV PRODUCTS don't you? So who CARES if r_server* is marked as riskware? Add it to the ***** exclutions.

Keep one product in my opinion with ability to remove icon and screw AV vendors. If you don't, you MUST realize that someone will program a way to remove the icon at the .exe level anyway.... thats fact.
Dmitry,

** THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU **
** THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU **

I honestly expected to be moving on to another product, your decision to make a build available for paying users will be a massive relief and we will happily upgrade to v3 site license when it is available.
So when and where can we ask for this new "SPECIAL" version?

Thanks for the consideration.
Jing,

Did you not read the posts at all ? It will not be available for the beta's only in the final and only for registered customers. I am sure information will be posted when the final is released (likely some months from now).

I am estatic.
smile:cry:

Todd,

I was just leaping with joy to hear they would be releasing this special SW. Thanks.
On one point. u mean some months???

smile:)
Pages: Prev. 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next