Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 14893Topic:: «"Full release is expected in July-August, 2006. "» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
According to:

http://www.radmin.com/support/forum/read.php?FID=24&TID=10324

FamaTech said:
" As you can see from our news Famatech presented Radmin 3.0 beta on the CeBIT tradeshow. This version will become available for public download in April. Full release is expected in July-August, 2006.

There will be no more delays for release of Radmin Server 3.0beta. "

So.. now that it's October. Has a release date for Radmin 3.0 been set yet?

I see that the beta has already been extended an additional 60 days.. that 60 days will be up on Oct 10th. Does this mean the release date will be October 10th.. or will the final be dela..err... extended again?
Thank you for your question.

The final release of Radmin 3.0 is scheduled on October. There is no exact date as we make our utmost to make the release as soon as possible.
I bought my license for ver.2.2 back in 2004, and was told then that, when version 3 was released (not beta, but final release) that I would receive a FREE upgrade to version 3 from version 2.2.

Your website pricing seems to contradict that promise by showing a "discount" for licensed users of prior versions.

What s the deal? Do license purchasers who bought before some unspecified time get a free upgrade, or do all licensed users of previous versions have to pay an upgrade fee?

Way back when I paid for my license, I ws told that I would get a free upgrade.....of course, I was also told that version 3 would be released "in a few months". We all know that that promise in 2003 and 2004 and 2005 was just so much ethereal hot air........so, am I, and other folks like me who bought a license with the promise of a free upgrade to version 3, going to get that free upgrade, or is Famatech going to f*ck us over and demand an upgrade fee.....

Remember, we were the voluntary beta testers.....
To Scott Pickus

Maybe i got something wrong, but Activation Procedure [URL=http://radmin.com/products/radmin30beta/activation.php?print=Y]Radmin 3.0 Activation[/URL] states that "...For all Radmin 2.x users eligible for an upgrade we'll provide the instructions on how to get their new licenses..." and "...For all customers with Remote Administrator (Radmin) 2.x, who wish to upgrade to Radmin 3.x there will be conversion procedures. For example, all Single licenses (for two PCs) will be converted into two Radmin Server licenses..." and nothing is said about additional fees. Please correct me if im wrong

Regards,
Alexander
Alexander D wrote:
For example, all Single licenses (for two PCs) will be converted into two Radmin Server licenses..." and nothing is said about additional fees. Please correct me if im wrong

Simply said if you bough your radmin 2.2 licences before March 31 '06 the upgrade is free. Other wise you need to pay for an upgrade licences.
--------------
...I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Gia...
Hello, Marat Magomedov,AdministratorFamatech Support can you provide an update on the release of Radmin 3.0? You state Oct but have not seen the release. I will not go as far as to ask for a release date but can you provide the estimated release month?
smile:?:
Stacey Cline
I'm pretty sure we'll see Beta 3 before final release. There are a few too many bugs in beta 2 (e.g., the tiny black window problem so many, including I, have) to go from there to the final edition, I'd guess.
This company doesn't seem to be able to get it's act together. Version 3.0 has been just around the corner for years. The new beta seems okay but at the rate that they finish anything I'm not sure it will ever come out.
He said October. He did not specify a year.

Relax already!

Just because they did not make it for October of this year does not mean they can not get it ready by October of next year - or the year after that. You people have NO patience!
[URL=http://www.famatech.com/products/radmin30beta/activation.php]RADMIN 3.0 Upgrade Policy[/URL] (Updated)

Eugene Lisovskiy
Internet Marketing Manager
Famatech International Corp.
Ahh.. according to the website, it's been delayed again. Now it's due out fourth quarter of 2006.

It's amazing that in the time that Famatech takes to release an upgraded version of rAdmin, Microsoft will have managed to release (at least) 3 different operating systems.
This is really is getting quite sad.. it is now half way through November and still no release.

I can honnestly say i'm looking at different remote management products now.
Hello,

When the release of Radmin 3.0 final ?

I love your product very efficient and fast.

Thanks

Valorisa
Howdy

I wouldn't count on RAdmin 3.0 being released any time soon.

They've missed many release dates for the last 4 or so years already which is a shame. My company recently purchased a licence for 35,000 computers of a competing product purely because nobody was willing to risk their reputation with Famatech's (non-existant) support and missed release dates.

Ironically, we used Radmin 3.0 beta 2 as the benchmark for evaluating the competition.

Dmitry, I hope you read this and realise the emormous loss in sales your company has and potentially will suffer due to your poor communication and inability to release a product on time. smile:(

Cheers,

Chris
If it's not ready, then release another beta. You've got plenty of people here willing to test it.
Chris Nicola wrote:
My company recently purchased a licence for 35,000 computers of a competing product purely because nobody was willing to risk their reputation with Famatech's (non-existant) support and missed release dates.

I have consistently urged my company (120,000 computers) to choose another remote administration program. They have not chosen the bid winner yet, but I have the satisfaction of knowing that Senior Management listened to those of us in IT who got tired of waiting for Famatech, and have removed Famatech from the list of Finalists.
David Matson
Consultant, Freelance Writer, Product Reviewer
Moderator at MobilitySite, GPS Tuner
Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices - Testing
Pages: 1