Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 3999Topic:: «Missing Controls, Where did all the Controls go?» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
I have waited patiently as did many others, I downloaded the 3.0beta and was very disappointed that many of the features listed, simply did not work. Mainly the ability to blank the remote screen. But I held my breath that it would be operational in the final version. Now, months later it seems to have been completely removed or am I missing something. Has this feature been dropped, is it something that might appear in version 3.1? This feature is paramount in my continuation of this product.
I believe that feature was listed for a future release with no details on a minor version update or planned for a major v4 release.
I'm a bit shocked here. You have been waiting something like four years to go from Radmin 2.2 to Radmin 3.0 ... Radmin 3.0 is really still not out since the keys are not yet available... and you are talking about Radmin 4.0?

Lets be a bit realistic.

In my case, I'm rapidly getting anxious about not having the key for Radmin 3.0. I had a chance to put Radmin 3.0 on it on Friday, but I had to give up that chance because no key was available even though Radmin 3.0 final is out. Close but no cigar. Now I'm going to have to tell a pack of lies to try and get access to that computer again.. which I would easily had access to 3 days ago.
Ryan,

I'm a bit shocked here. You have been waiting something like four years to go from Radmin 2.2 to Radmin 3.0 ... Radmin 3.0 is really still not out since the keys are not yet available... and you are talking about Radmin 4.0?

Lets be a bit realistic.

In my case, I'm rapidly getting anxious about not having the key for Radmin 3.0. I had a chance to put Radmin 3.0 on it on Friday, but I had to give up that chance because no key was available even though Radmin 3.0 final is out. Close but no cigar. Now I'm going to have to tell a pack of lies to try and get access to that computer again.. which I would easily had access to 3 days ago.

BTW, if you cannot physically access the server computer in order to register it, you may try to use "license code transfer' feature in Radmin Viewer. Right click on the connection icon in the phonebook and you will see the item in the context menu. The feature lets you activate Radmin Server remotely from Radmin Viewer.

Let me know if that suits your situation.
Unfortunately Famatech put the cart before the horse in this regard. Because of the actions, keyboard filtering and remote screen blanking would 1) be detected as malicious actions by some viri/malware scanners 2) not an easy task in vista because of the new core security features.

I would not be surprised if the lack of these features was simply because of the amt of time required to make them work on vista.
Pages: 1