Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: Prev. 1 2 3 4 5 Next
  Views: 52471Topic:: «Advanced IP Scanner 2.0 Beta Testing since October 27, 2010, We invite you to become a Famatech software beta tester!» on forum: Famatech Beta Testing
I agree with Robert that it would be nice to be able to have the column widths saved on exit. I have to re-adjust them every time I run the scanner.
After some further use, it does seem to be knocking out my DSL modem, requiring a restart.
Further to earlier report:

I too have noticed that in some sessions device or machine disconnects result in a whitescreen-hang for anything up to 60 seconds, depending on device.

1] on systems running a web server with either either a Windows hosts file alias on 127.0.0.1 or else an alias in either host headers or vserver config [e.g. httpd.conf then the scanner can and usually does misreport the machine name as one of the "aliases" or host header names: in most instances machine name should match netbios name.

2] on devices such as routers, printers, wifi, switches, which DO have a netbios and/or fully qualified host name, the scanner is not reporting these netbios names at all.

3] Virtual machines running under either Virtual Server or Hyper-V do not appear to show their hostname or fully qualified domain name or [where relevant] their Netbios name. However a virtual's host machine does show correctly on its first [unshared] NIC.
ok second attempt...

I installed the program and noticed that there was no option to add an icon to the desktop, Simple to do but a nice choice anyway. The program seemed to run fine, except the I noticed that there is a need to remove the older version before the new one is installed. After running the program from the installation routine and exiting, I came back later and all the links that were on the system would only bring up the 1.5 version of the product.

I had to uninstall all of the versions and instal 2.0 again to make it work again. It would be nice for the program to remember the previous settings (i.e. ip ranges and column widths).

When I ran the program the first time it found lots of systems with expandable links and then I ran it later and only two systems were found with expandable links in the list. Noi changes were made to either the network, systems or settings.

I will try and reproduce this.
Okay tried it again... Every time I run a scan I come up with different results... Not too good!

I you want I can send a copy of the screens. Let me know
During beta testing, it would be nice to have a button that brings us to the Forum web page to post our findings.
System info:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~1596 Mhz
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel ~1595 Mhz

Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection at 54Mbs transfer rate

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Install was fine using the .msi.

- A scan log would be handy if we had an option to append to a file on every scan. Just because results are not always the same.

- somewhat slower than v1.5 and does not provide dead ip's.

- at least v2.0 picked up domain machines that were not associated to my workgroup.

I'm going to test this on a few Windows 7 64bit machines now.

Keep up the good work guys.
User interface.
The main display is tidy and seems to fit easily inside the dimentions of most monitors. I think it would be a nice touch to test the size of the screen and the size of the strings in the display fields and make them so that all of the data is visable.
It's just a little bit irritating that all the usefull data is clipped and I have to spend the first 30 seconds resizing all the columns.

Also- I would find it handy to be able to RightClick on an item (eg MAC address) and be able to copy that directly.
On a multi homed PC I expected to see all the subnets available to the scanner in the drop down box.

I would also expect to see each scan I do to appear (and be persistant) in a new Scan Tab.
Hello,
Thank you very much for the feedback and detailed bug reports.
We'll publish next beta version of Advanced IP Scanner and continue beta testing.
While using I came across a few issues:
1. The IP address ranges doesn't appear to have a vaildity check.
2. There isn't a Class B or Class A subnet Button.
Installed on Windows 7 74 bit - runs fine. here's my feedback.

1. A bug I think - every IP address (including ones for which there is not a host) show that they are running HTTP. Clearly this is not true.

2. Possibly a bug, but if not then a suggestion: When I export the list as XML, the shares do not appear within the row item (pardon me if I do not use the correct XML terminology). For example, the saved list contains the following for a server with some shares:

<row ip="192.168.0.9" status="1" name="John-S9" netbiosname="JOHN-S9" netbiosgroup="JOHN_T" mac="00:04:4B:18:10:45" has_http="1" has_ftp="0" comments="Hyper-V Server to host Virtual Machines"/>
<share name="ADMIN$"/>
<share name="C"/>
<share name="C$"/>
<share name="D"/>
<share name="D$"/>
<share name="F$"/>
<share name="IPC$"/>
<share name="OKI C3200n"/>
<share name="print$"/>

This representation does not record the shares as being contained on the server. the information should be shown as follows:

<row ip="192.168.0.9" status="1" name="John-S9" netbiosname="JOHN-S9" netbiosgroup="JOHN_T" mac="00:04:4B:18:10:45" has_http="1" has_ftp="0">
<share name="ADMIN$"/>
<share name="C"/>
<share name="C$"/>
<share name="D"/>
<share name="D$"/>
<share name="F$"/>
<share name="IPC$"/>
<share name="OKI C3200n"/>
<share name="print$"/>
</row>

3. Also, the XML name "row" is not descriptive of the information contained. I would suggest "host" or something more associated with IP protocol.

4. I like the "Favorites tab function, but I have not used the previous version, so don't know what functions are new or revised.

5. The Help is too sketchy. It should explain more what it going on.
I Downloaded it.
It's works perfectly on my XP Sp3 and Win7 (32)
On my opinion it's very good.

no faults report- at the moment...

Best Regards
Installed on my Win 7 64 bit computer with no problems. It found all the devices on my LAN correctly. I like the ability to connect to a remote computer using Radmin (the computer I most often connect to often changes its IP address so this is an easy way to find it).
I installed the scanner. Untill now it works OK. The one thing I am missing now is that I am not able to import settings from the existing Radmin into th Radmin function within the scvanner, so I have to manually fill in the necessary details before I can control the remote computer.
Best regards,
Raymond
Working well on my XP SP3 box. No problems whatsoever.

Helped me with configuration difficulties that arose trying to set up Hypoxia media player on my Blackberry to stream media from this box via TVersity media server.
I installed it and so far everything here seems to be working pretty well for me.

I do, however, have a suggestion. I think it would be very useful to have command line switches so it would be possible to schedule certain tasks with the task scheduler and/or batch file. For and example you could have it shut down all the computers in a saved XML file at one time.
I tried it at my university and it found about 256x256 IP addresses. The ones that I recognized were correct. It took a while (at least a couple of hours - I left it running when I left for the day and then checked on it from home using radmin).

Jim

P.S. The computer was running Win 7 x 64 ultimate.
Edited: F. James Rohlf 11/04/2010 11:19:32
Looks good so far. I've tested scanning networks, accessing default shares, remote shutdown and wake-on-lan, adding to favorites, etc. Everything seems to work so far.

Not sure if possible, but it would be nice if it returned device type or device name for Cisco equipment that isn't in DNS.
Downloaded and installed with no issues at all program seems to run with no problems at moment will continue to use and report any issues if / when they arise.
Pages: Prev. 1 2 3 4 5 Next