New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 8037Topic:: «License time» on forum: Licensing questions
If I buy a single license, this license is lifetime or only for 1 year renewable?

tnx
There is no expiration on Licensing for Radmin. Usually licensing does not transfer easily from one major release to another, but within the same release its fine. For example, I bought my 300 licenses when v 3.1 was all there was, however that same code works in 3.3 and 3.4 just fine, and for those versions, they will work forever.
For those that owned v2.x licenses, there was a discount or free upgrade (depending on when the original v2.x license was purchased) to the v3.x license.

So it seems likely that a similar arrangement will be available when the v4.x upgrade rolls around: current owners of v3.x licenses will probably be eligible for a discount or free upgrade.

In the mean time, minor versions (as you've seen) use the same license key ...

smile:)
But there was an issue with licenses where if you put one on a machine and you retired that machine, you lost that license. There was no moving it to another machine. So if you bought 10 licenses, in 3 to 5 years you'd have no licenses since you'd most likely have retired those 10 machines and you couldn't move the licenses to the replacement machines. This was unlike any other licensing I've ever seen. Hopefully that's solved, but I really don't know.
The theory is that you can contact Famatech tech support and get that license reissued to you. In practice, this procedure has turned out to be clunky (at best), and I too hope that Famatech will be revising the licensing procedure in the next major revision.

smile;)
Clunky - that's an understatement. It's the biggest reason why I continue to have second thoughts about Radmin...

I own it at home, and we have purchased lots of licenses at work - it's a constant issue running into one that is no longer registered, so I have to Dameware into it to fix Radmin - that's just pitiful. At least give us a key that can be used 60 minutes at a time to fix a problem with the horrid registration process.

Later,
RushB
At any new PC you can use Radmin free trial to fix a problem.

Currently all license requests are solved within 1-2 days.
Even if my problem with a license moving to another PC was solved in 24h, I agree that having to contact Farmatech support manually is not an easy neither user-friendly way to handle such (common!) situation.

We use other products with a similar licensing scheme but for them we have access to an on-line database with all our licenses where we can "delete" an unused one so we can reuse it inmediatly on another computer.

Thanks (and thanks to farmatech support for solving it).
John Rose wrote:
There is no expiration on Licensing for Radmin. Usually licensing does not transfer easily from one major release to another, but within the same release its fine. For example, I bought my 300 licenses when v 3.1 was all there was, however that same code works in 3.3 and 3.4 just fine, and for those versions, they will work forever.

Nice. This means that you will be able to use your bought license on future updates. That is why I like Radmin that much.

Pages: 1