Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 5999Topic:: «'Phantom' IPs when using LAN Scanner?» on forum: Free Network Utilities by Famatech
I have a laptop and a desktop, both running Win2kPro, connected to a D-Link DI-614+ Router. The laptop is usually connected through a WiFi card. IPs on the LAN are 192.168.0.10 and .20 and these are the only two machines here.

When using the Advanced LAN Scanner (http://www.radmin.com/lscan1b1.exe) I get the random IPs showing up as 'machines', eg:

I'm currently running a scan and have found 13 of these so far. Each of these shows as 'Not logged in' and with ports 25 (SMTP), 110 (POP3) and 80 (HTTP) open.

Anybody got the faintest idea what's going on?
Hmmm... Strange. LAN scanner shows machines that responds to "ping" command, and then tries to connect to ports. I can see 2 possible causes:

1. LAN scanner has a bug in visualization, that replicates one found machine (with ports 25, 110 and 80 opens) with a different IP's. This gas VERY test probability.

2. Your network somehow reports this "phantom" machines - maybe, it's some router bug/feature, or Wi-Fi card misworking.

I suggest you to check following things:

1. Is phantom machines has same IP's every scan, or they quantity and IP's changers purely randomly?

2. Can you, please, run sme scan on some other ip scanner? I suggest "Angry IP Scanner":

http://www.angryziber.com/ipscan/

Best regards, Gregor Petrov, Famatech Support Team
Pages: 1