Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 5737Topic:: «Advanced IP scanner 1.3 hangs» on forum: Free Network Utilities by Famatech
Hi there. I have a class B internal network. When I scan it I get back naturally many results (both dead and alive). I drag the "Dead" one into the lower "selected" window and the program hangs at 100% CPU utilization (yes, I made an effort to wait it out, but it took 10 minutes and nothing happened). I am very suspicious that the program has bugs preventing it from dealing with large number of nodes.

I run 2000 Professional with SP4 and all the latest patches.

Please advise,

Regards,
Alex Jablenski
Please, ensure that you are using latest version of Advanced IP scanner. There was some changes in version 1.3 that don't affects version number so please download latest version from our site.

I have tested Advanced IP Scanner on very large networks (>10000 results) without any problems. Note, that this can be a limitation of Microsoft's tree view control that is used to represent data - it is very unstable on extremly large amounts of nodes.

I will be very thankful to you if you will send me a e-mail with detailed description of scan target, returned results (brief) and descriptions of actions that must be performed to "hand up" Advanced IP Scanner.

My e-mail is ipscan@famatech.com

Best regards, Gregor Petrov, Famatech Support Team
Pages: 1