Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 7841Topic:: «IP Scan Names are 90 % incorrect» on forum: Free Network Utilities by Famatech
I have used several IP Scanners and they all generally have the same problem. I run the scan on a range and it retrieves the info, but 9 out of 10 times, the name to IP is incorrect and I have to tell it to resolve. When I do this it pulls the correct name. I don't want to have to do that on over 200 individual nodes. Any fixes?
First question - is your operating system Windows XP? If so, it's a well0known bug. Unfortunately, i can't reproduce it - on our test machines all works great. Ig you wish, i can give you a simple program that will log all functions i call, and after you send me it's results, i will try to fix a problem.

Please, contact me via my e-mail:

ipscan@famatech.com

Best regards, Gregor, Famatech Support Team
This Windows XP problem was solved - new versions automatically detects Windows XP without Service Pack 1, warns user and set "compatibility" options so program will returns correct results.

Best regards, Gregor Petrov, Famatech Support Team
is there a scanner that you can scan a range of ip address's for radmins default port and it will tell you if the radmin server is password protected or not?

I know something like this excist.
The out put is like this "real copy/paste of output":

[08:50] no password: 211.36.*.*
[08:51] no password: 211.36.*.*

I put the *'s in there for privacy reasons.
so if you know of a scanner that will scan for the radmin port open and say wether or not the password is required or not please let me know. by here or via email.
hpouches@yahoo.com
thanks.
Advanced Port Scanner can scan your network for Radmin port (4899 by default). You can export results in .txt format for further analysis.

Best regards, Gregor Petrov, Famatech Support Team
Pages: 1