Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 12685Topic:: «IP Scanner 1.2 - MAC address not detected» on forum: Free Network Utilities by Famatech
The MAC address is not available, allways have 000000000000 value.
I have the same issue, not sure why we have a mixed Mac and pc environment.. either machines return the same 0000000etc address. Anyone got a helpin hand in that regard?
We resolve MAC address sending special request to target machine throw "RARP" part of TCP/IP protocol. If your machines coonfigured to hide they MAC address - our program can't show it.

Also, if your machines are nehind proxy or router, it can hide or place it's own MAC address insted of target machine's.

Try to run command shell, then perform "ping <target machine IP>", and then "arp -a". If MAC address is not present in the table shown - then it can't be resolved. If it exsists, but our program shows it as 0 - please e-mail me at ipscan@famatech.com , i will try to resolve a problem.

Best regards, Gregor, Famatech Support Team
I am having the same problem. I just sent you an email.
I run IP Scanner on a subnet and returns MAC address 0´s, after this the command "arp -a" on the same machine return the list of IP address and the correct MAC.
New version of Advanced IP Scanner available (1.3), and I completely rewrite MAC and NetBIOS names resolve mechanism -now i use direct TCP/IP to connect to remote computer and extract al information.

Feel free to send me e-mail to eye@radmin.com - i will be very greatful if you help me improve this freeware utilites and make them really good and easy to use.

Please, check if this update solves your problem. If not - I will work on it until flaw found.

Bet regards, Gregor Petrov, Famatech Support Team
IP Scanner 1.3 appears to fix the MAC discovery problem. Now the only issue is it defaults the first MAC address discovered to hosts that are "dead".
What do you means by "defaults the first MAC address discovered to hosts that are "dead"? can you, please, describe this problem more detailed?

Best regards, Famatech support team
Best regards, Gregor Petrov, Famatech
lost most control of my fingers so pleaqe bear with me, it hurts like hell 2 type.

i use the mac addresses to wol(wakeup-on-lan) my machines
using Advanced ip scanner i enter the mac address and send to the machine i want 2 wake up.
but i have 2 keep entering the mac addresses. i was hoping once they were entered u could save em but nope. hope next version saves ip and mac ddresses (nic mac address dosnt change anyway)
I Am a Criminal created by the US Government.
A Medical Cannabis Advocate, User & Engineer.
I Designed your Space Shuttles, Cars & Software.
Pages: 1