New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 8522Topic:: «Feature Idea» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Maybe for the next version, Maybe in a utility.

Let's say I have 20 remote users all of whom get a Dynamic IP. I have found that getting the user to find their IP address is a pain in the A... Some of my users get a new IP several times a day. Others keep it for days.

So my best case idea would be to have all the users I support linked to my viewer and when their IP changes I automaically get the right IP address.
Radmin Server 3.0 will support CallBack feature so your clients will be able to initiate connection and your problem will be solved.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
Bless you! smile:) This problem has been such a pain. I'm counting the minutes until I can download the Radmin Server 3.0 smile:!:

I'm counting the minutes until I can download the Radmin Server 3.0

Warning, you may count too long. Up to end of this day, i'll get details about Radmin Server 3.0 release and post them here.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
Is this also working behind a router? I mean, does Radmin send the external IP?
Is this also working behind a router? I mean, does Radmin send the external IP?

I would guess that in a call back situation you would the remote side would NOT require a port forward but the local one would. smile;-)
--------------
...I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Gia...
Another suggestion to fix your original issue (without having to wait for Server 3.0) is to use either NetBIOS or DNS names, depending on your network setup, rather than IP addresses. That way the same mechanism that updates the name mapping will also keep RAdmin connecting.
Well callback feature sound nice.. but would it be simple if using radmin via advanced IP scanner... these two tools are very powerfull smile8)
How about just use DNS instead of IP?
My home external IP started changing frequently (grrr.... Comcast) so I registered with http://www.dyndns.com. They have a free service that will assign DNS name to your IP (you can choose a name).
So, now I just put in my DNS name into the client configuration window instead of IP and can connect any time.

-Radek
I always use the DNS name of client PC's. I don't ever use IP address unless absolutely necessary (connecting over WAN without VPN tunnel).

But getting your users to know their IP address is very simple. Just point the mouse at the little R down in their system try by the clock. Viola! A popup box shows their IP address. Call me wacky, but that seems pretty simple to me...
Thomas Dietrich
Network Administrator
Basco Shower Enclosures
Pages: 1