Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 8044Topic:: «Two factor authentication with Radmin and call back feature, Request for information» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Hello people,

First of all I would like to say I am very curious about the features of Radmin server version 3.0.

I have the following two questions:

1. I would like to use two factor authentication with Radmin, for example with a certificate or hard/soft token. Is this possible with Radmin Server version 3.0 or is this possible in future releases?

2. Currently, I use Radmin with ip filtering, but what I don't like is that Radmin always listens on the Internet even when I am not using it. I would like to trigger Radmin so that it starts listening when I would like to use remote control. Can you give us more detailled information about the "call back" feature in Radmin server 3.0? Does this solve my problem?

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Hendrik
The Netherlands

I would like to use two factor authentication with Radmin, for example with a certificate or hard/soft token.

You can do this through NT security model.

I would like to trigger Radmin so that it starts listening when I would like to use remote control.

You can start/stop Radmin Server from Start->All Programs->Remote Administrator v2.x menu.

Can you give us more detailled information about the "call back" feature in Radmin server 3.0?

Client during user defined period of time sends connection request to Server. For example every 60 sec.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
Hello Radmin people,

I am still puzzled about the two factor authentication in combination with Remote Administrator.

When I connect with the viewer to the RAdmin server I would like to use a certificate or a token besides the NT password. I don't understand how this should work with the NT security model.

Is there somebody who works with Radmin and two factor authentication? I really could use some more detailled information on this topic.

Regards.
Hendrik smile:|

When I connect with the viewer to the RAdmin server I would like to use a certificate or a token besides the NT password. I don't understand how this should work with the NT security model.

What is the reason of this?
Do you think Radmin provides less security than you want to have?

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
I think Hendrik is thinking of having a known secret hash file, one that you would create from your server side via selected option, then you would copy that file to your RAdmin receiver client folder, thus all client connections start with encryption with no PP handshaking thus you have both hard and soft authentication.
Hello Roman, Philip and others Radmin users,

Indeed I mean something like Philip mentions.
As I know Radmin only provides one factor authentication with the NT security model.

The two components of two factor authentication are:

Something you know (like a password)
Something you have (like a certifcate, softtoken or hardtoken)

With a lot of Remote Access solutions you also can add two factor authentication functionality. This is a stronger way of securing your remote access solution.

So, my question still is whether and if possible how this can be reached with RAdmin.

I appreciate your replies.

Kind regards,
Hendrik
Hello Famatech,

Do you have an answer for my previous question?
And we are still waiting for Radmin 3.0!!

Hendrik
So, my question still is whether and if possible how this can be reached with RAdmin.

Unfortunately, Radmin doesn't have such features. You can try additional software.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
Hendrik:

I know you've probably gone on to look for other solutions by now. But there is a sort of "workaround" way you could do what you asked about: VPN.

If you create a VPN with the appropriate security settings, you could set up a two-factor authentication for RAdmin: one factor being the authentication of the VPN connection, the second factor being RAdmin's native authentication (or NT authentication). This might be a bit cumbersome, but it would provide the security you're looking for, and could be streamlined with a bit of tinkering and scripting.
Thanks for the suggestion.

regards, Hendrik
Pages: 1