Support
Authorization

Newsletter

Settings

Where is the Radmin 3 viewer phonebook stored?

Forums list
Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 6953Topic:: «Where is the Radmin 3 viewer phonebook stored?» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me where the phonebook data for Radmin Viewer 3 beta is stored?

I'm interested in knowing this because I would like to know if there is any way for me to share one common phonebook among several workstations with the viewer installed.

Not to be confused with simply exporting every time a change is made and then importing the new copy on each workstation... Basically, if the phonebook is changed on one workstation, I would like the change to effect all workstations.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks.
The Set new phonebook command (Use "Tools"->"Set New Phonebook") enables the user to assign a single phonebook file to two or more Radmin Viewers.

This feature is provided only for compatibility and errorless work. It is not designed to provide a network-wide centralized phonebook usage.

Phonebook information is updated by the Radmin Viewer that makes changes. Other Radmin Viewers that use the same phonebook will not automatically detect changes; if they try to make their own changes, a conflict situation will arise and the 'phonebook conflict resolution' window will be displayed. The following options are available:

1.Discard the modified phonebook file and use the current phonebook
Will discard all changes the other Radmin Viewer has made and save the phonebook as it is displayed with the current Radmin Viewer.

2.Save the current phonebook to another location
Enables the user to save the current Radmin Viewer's phonebook to another file and display the phonebook that has been updated by another Radmin Viewer.

3.Discard the current phonebook and use the modified phonebook file
Will discard all changes the current Radmin Viewer has made and load the phonebook with the changes another Radmin Viewer has made.

4.Cancel
Will temporary detach the current Radmin Viewer from the phonebook until restart. A notification window will be displayed ( illustration). All changes will remain in memory, but will be discarded on exit if not saved.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
Thank you, Roman. Your reply was most informative.

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me - is the data for the phonebook entries currently loaded into the Radmin viewer stored in a file somewhere on disk, or in the registry, or somewhere else?

Thanks.
Radmin Viewer connections list (phonebook) is stored in the registry.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
However the phonebook file is also stored in %userprofile%\application data\radmin
However the phonebook file is also stored in %userprofile%\application data\radmin

This file was created by old Radmin Viewer 3.0 beta, i guess.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
Pages: 1