Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 8491Topic:: «Server Screen Blanking and Scheduler/Scripting» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Does the release version support server screen blanking and does the client have batch scheduling/scripting support?
Jim Skourlis wrote:
Does the release version support server screen blanking

No, it doesn't.

Jim Skourlis wrote:
does the client have batch scheduling/scripting support?

Radmin 3.0 has various command line switches which alow to perform tasks via batch file.
Jim Skourlis wrote:
Does the release version support server screen blanking?

you said:
Svetlana Yastrebova wrote:
No, it doesn't

My question:

Why NOT!!?? It was a Selling Feature when 3.0 was first advertised. Is this one of those 5 YEARs DOWN THE ROAD WISHES?????
Indeed, remote screen blanking has been on the 3.0 feature list forever. And in fact was the only reason I still held out hope for the past two years that Famatech would actually produce a product. I love v2's speed and handling, but I need remote blanking...so I've been using another product for the past year and a half where that functionality is needed. Just waiting for Radmin v3...and waiting. I gave up checking very often on the status, but decided to check things out today. I see it was released last month. I was excited, but before downloading went to the forums. And I see this post, among others (e.g. no XP-64 support), and once again my hopes are dashed.

Goodbye forever Famatech. I will not wait any longer.
Michael Bigler wrote:
Indeed, remote screen blanking has been on the 3.0 feature list forever. And in fact was the only reason I still held out hope for the past two years that Famatech would actually produce a product. I love v2's speed and handling, but I need remote blanking...so I've been using another product for the past year and a half where that functionality is needed. Just waiting for Radmin v3...and waiting. I gave up checking very often on the status, but decided to check things out today. I see it was released last month. I was excited, but before downloading went to the forums. And I see this post, among others (e.g. no XP-64 support), and once again my hopes are dashed.

Goodbye forever Famatech. I will not wait any longer.

I also have been waiting for years and to no avail. Sorry famtech, but your product was ahead of its time, but now is far behind. The keyboard and screen lockout are a must.
I believe it was September of 2001 when Famatech first announced in these forums that blanking of the remote screen would be in the next release. They have subsequently deleted the posts from that era.

A year later they were [URL=http://www.radmin.com/support/forum/read.php?FID=11&TID=473&MID=473&phrase_id=3817564#message473]still promising[/URL] the feature.

As recently as last August [URL=http://www.radmin.com/support/forum/read.php?FID=11&TID=10928&MID=26625&phrase_id=3817564#message26625]they continued to promise[/URL] the feature for the 3.0 release.

After almost 6 years of empty promises, loyal RAdmin customers are left with no sense of when or if this needed feature will ever become a reality.
We are now in 2008 and i received always the same response from support. Not possible. Why do you promise this from thje beginning. It is a major issue that prevent us to usde Radmin in replacement of othger remote tools.

Really a pitty ....
As so many others, I too need badly the screenblanking and keyboard lock functionality. I too bought many licenses of 3.0 with promises of an update coming out that would offer this functionality. Now here we are in Feb 2008 with NO sign of any progress, even a technical review or beta test date provided by Famatech.

Can a Famatech representative please provide us with some kind of commitment as to IF much less WHEN they will ever offer this functionality. Your loyal users need you to be honest with us and stop keeping us on the edge of our seats waiting for you to come through on empty promises. Ultimately this will do more harm for your reputation than just coming out and telling us you have no intention of coming through with these features. Thanks for a great product other than the lack of this very needed and by the postings - widely desired screenblanking and keyboard lock functionality.
I do know it is possible to have screen blanking and keyboard lock. Ramin 3.0 looks and acts just like Network Streaming and VNC. Both have the ability and a manual screen refresh
I already moved on to DameWare long ago. I do get the notifications from this forum on occasion and still canít believe they havenít added in the feature they promised years (thatís right years smile:o ) ago.
I already moved on to DameWare long ago.

Good choice. I just don't understand why ppl are still asking for functionalitty that has anything to do with remote desktop.

After v2.2 it's pretty clear to me that RAdmin was taken over by IRC chat freaks.

They shoild ask for graphic smilies and stuff. That's what Farmatec will react to these days.
Pages: 1