Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 5336Topic:: «Please consider, though it´s been discussed before...» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Though it´s been discussed before, pretty please - with sugar on top - reconsider implementing the feature to save connection-credentials.
Running a support-environment with 150+ machines to access, we´d immediately switch to using Remote Administrator.

Everybody respects you have qualms implementing this feature for security reasons. But maybe it´d be possible to activate the "using stored passwords feature" with a master-password once starting RAdmin or something similar.
In our case we definitely do need stored access-data.

Implemented One-Click-Remote-Installation would be quite nice as well, though it´s not quite as important as the issue mentioned above, as the Batch-Script-Solution does work.
I don't get what you are asking for? What do you want them to cache- the user/pwd you log in with?

What we do is create a local RAdmin user group on each machine when we install RAdmin.
Give that group full permissions in the RAdmin security setup.

Add the user you are running at your workstation to this group and when you go to connect- presto - it connects right in.

If you manage your users using domain groups - you simply add that domain group to the RAdmin group and everyone in your group can connect without entering additional credentials.

Of course, once you connect up to the machine you are required to log in. Unless you want them to pass your credentials to the login screen on the remote system...
James Engelhart wrote:
I don't get what you are asking for? What do you want them to cache- the user/pwd you log in with?

What we do is create a local RAdmin user group on each machine when we install RAdmin.
Give that group full permissions in the RAdmin security setup.

Add the user you are running at your workstation to this group and when you go to connect- presto - it connects right in.

Do I need XP Pro to do this? I cannot find gpedit.msc on Home.

Of course, once you connect up to the machine you are required to log in. Unless you want them to pass your credentials to the login screen on the remote system...

Yes, or else only half of the job is saved. The developers should look to CA's Single Sign On. They did indeed get the point from a user perspective.

When I saw v3 of Radmin for the first time, my first thought was: is RAdmin developement taken over by ICQ/IRC chat kids? What would I use voice/text chat for? I've got Outlook and a VoIP phone on my desk.

Why don't the developers consentrate on the main issue with _R_E_M_O_T_E_ A_C_C_E_S_S_ ? I'm talking about remote machine being connecting party, to traverse NAT (without needs for my custommers to know how to forward ports on their routers), and call back functionality; and wait with this chat ***** when they finish this basic functionality?
Im assuming this will only work in a LAN environment, not across multiple LAN's/WAN's.
And the 2007 post of the year award goes to...

"Chris Joy!

That was a great post! ICQ/IRC kids. Ha haha
Pages: 1