Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 4615Topic:: «Password on command line» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Is it possible to in Radmin 3.0 for the user to specify the password on the command line? If not can it be added?

I know there is a big long discussion about the security issues of saving the password somewhere, but by allowing the user put in the password on the command line it is completely the users responsibility to protect the password.

I have an application that needs to bring up a remote session so that the user can interact with that remote machine. Our application talks to both the local and remote machines to perform various actions based on what they do on the remote machine.

Originally we were using radmin for this, but it was dropped for Netop for two main reasons. One was the lack real time response (cursor not changing, windows not moving until released, ...) and the need to fill in a username and password while the user watches.

Radmin 3.0 certainly seems to have solved the real time response (as the user would perceive it as being different the local). And I could go back to punching things into your dialogs, but I don't want to, it looks unprofessional. I'm not too thrilled with the pretty little wait icon while connecting (nothing would be better), but that I guess we can live with.

Any chance of getting this feature?

Thank you,
Chris
Pages: 1