New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 4073Topic:: «Port and traffic» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
I see in the manual that the default port for Radmin is 4899. I don't run this application, so I don't know the options menu, but how difficult is it to change the port number that the server listens on? And how can I identify Radmin traffic from a network standpoint if I don't know the port? I am trying to identify if Radmin is running on any machines on my network and I need to be able to stop them from communicating without having to log on to each machine individually...
Ed
To change port used by RAdmin:

On the computer which is to be controlled remotely: run "Settings for Remote Administrator server" from start menu group (Start->Programs->Remote Administrator v2.1->Settings for Remote Administrator server). Click "Options" button. Uncheck "Use default port" checkbox, input new port setting and apply changes by clicking "OK" button.

On the client computer (the one used for controlling another computer): run "Remote Administrator viewer" from start menu group (Start->Programs->Remote Administrator v2.1->Remote Administrator viewer). Go to "Connection->Connect to..." menu, uncheck "Use default port" checkbox, input new port setting along with remote computer's address and apply changes by clicking "OK" button.

Best Regards,
Ilia Demenkov, Famatech Support Team (support@famatech.com).
Pages: 1