Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: Prev. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
  Views: 66178Topic:: «Famatech CEO will answer your questions» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Oh man! That was rediculous! Why should I have expected anything more from you bums? You didn't answer hardly any of the questions, you just did a bunch of talking about new features that will come out when the 3.0 server. You didn't say when it was coming out, or why you didn't create an interum release that only had the hook driver, NEITHER question was answered. It's way overdue you released the viewer ANYWAY, but it doesn't add much at all. No one has been griping about not having the tree like folder list, but EVERYONE has been wanting the hook driver.
I find it disturbing that customers of yours have to wait so long for answers from you, and when you do answer - you fail to answer.

It is funny that when your CEO answers questions from his customers (life-blood of any company), he seems years behind technology. What does he mean "Window XP's release has influenced our plans"? When did Windows XP get released? Better yet, when was Windows 2000 released?
It appears the dates might have been different in Russia, but they were released in 2001 and 2000 (respectively). *what a joke*

He also mistakenly states that "Basically it satisfies what most of our customers told us they need." So your saying the majority of your customers are happy with the CPU loads RADMIN puts on windows 2000 systems? Where is the video hook for Windows 2000? I'm sorry, I guess adding a wonderful chat or voice conversation feature (which is bound to *increase* CPU load) is more important then fixing what a good portion of your customers have been complaining about? It makes perfect sense to me - why fix the video hook issue that causes high CPU loads, lets just add more semi-useless features. For our non-american readers - that was sarcasm!

I'm also unhappy you decided to include voice communications in your product before something useful like a network deployment feature. Maybe it is me, but in my work environment - we don't deploy speakers and microphones to users. I would guess that most companies are the same way.
How hard is it to develop a deployment program? How long have your users been asking for this?

Since it seems you can't take the couple hours of development time to make deployment tool. I'll *sell* you mine. I've wrote my own program to deploy your product - and it only took me about 2 hours. Guess what, it also works under Windows XP! Whoops, I forgot your program doesn't work well under XP (again - this is sarcasm).

I used to think a lot of your company, things have changed though. Congrats on being written up in the Windows .NET mag, to bad they didn't decide to take into account your ***** -poor customer support. Perhaps instead of all your ***** customers writing to you (like you really listen), we should instead inform Windows .NET mag (and others) about your lack of support.

smile:!:
Guest,

First of all, LOL.

Second, can I see that program that you wrote? Sounds interesting!
This has become a horribly sick joke.

Farewell Famatech...
Batch wrote:
"You didn't answer hardly any of the questions, you just did a bunch of talking about new features that will come out when the 3.0 server. You didn't say when it was coming out, or why you didn't create an interum release that only had the hook driver".

Batch,

there are explanations about the interim version in the intwerview and new features viewer supports as well.
Please find them here http://www.famatech.com/about/news/news_detail.php?ID=76

Best regards,
Alexandra Bazzhina.
PR manager
Again, again and again...
We, at support, are forced to answer same questions countless times. Dear "Guest" - i will answer you, so other user will be sure that it's you who is mistaken and don't read anything we answers on our forum.

> It is funny that when your CEO answers
> questions from his customers (life-blood
> of any company), he seems years behind
> technology. What does he mean "Window XP's
> release has influenced our plans"? When
> did Windows XP get released?

You just don't read the answers. Windows XP
has "influenced" Radmin 3.0 at very early stage of development. mr. Dmitri Znosko just states that some Windows XP features force us to make a lot of additional work to support "Switch User" and "Remote Assistance".

> So your saying the majority of your
> customers are happy with the CPU loads
> RADMIN puts on windows 2000 systems?

If you means "100%" CPU load - we answer this question about hundreds times, and it was stated in Radmin 3.0 manual. Radmin uses only FREE resources, trying to achieve 100% FPS YOU sets in options. If some other program need CPU resources, Radmin will drop it's own resource usage to the minimum allowed level.

> Where is the video hook for Windows 2000?

Yes, version 2.1 has not vide hook drivers for Windows 2000 or Windows XP. But Radmin has a very good speed even without using driver. I, personally, use Radmin for accessing test machines with Windows 2000 or Windows XP - and i have no problems working with them in real-time. On 10 megabit network.

> I'm also unhappy you decided to include
> voice communications in your product
> before something useful like a network
> deployment feature. Maybe it is me, but in
> my work environment - we don't deploy
> speakers and microphones to users. I would
> guess that most companies are the same
> way. How hard is it to develop a
> deployment program? How long have your
> users been asking for this?

Radmin 3.0 is a COMPLETE package. We are trying to release only full-functional, tested and ready versions of software. By marketing issues Radmin 3.0 must have Text and Voice chats - so they are created and will be supplied with release of Radmin 3.0 server. "Push" installer is ALSO scheduled in version 3.0 - so, it will be available after release of version 3.0. But not prior to it.

> Since it seems you can't take the couple
> hours of development time to make
> deployment tool.

Sorry to say this, but remote deployment is a simple task that can be resolved with a trivial Windows scripting or freeware third-party utilities. Most of our customers has no problems remote deploying Radmin 2.1.

> Perhaps instead of all your *****
> customers writing to you (like you really
> listen), we should instead inform
> Windows .NET mag (and others) about your
> lack of support.

I, personally, help our Technical support group with difficult questions or when load is too high. And I can say that our tech support answers ALL e-mails. And most of them are answered within a hours. So your saying about lack of technical support is just your imagination.

Best regards, Gregor Petrov, Famatech Support Team
Best regards, Gregor Petrov, Famatech
Batch calm down buddy!

The world has a lot worse problems that you should be getting ***** about!
Gregor,
I'm going to make my response short, because I think I've spent enough time trying to get answer from you (Famatech).

1. If XP influenced your development, you must be saying you have been developing RAdmin 3 since XP came out. This is 3 years. It didn't take MS that long to write XP.
2. CPU load is still high when you lower your refresh rate. With as many machines as I have - I can also tell you it is a pain modify every connection just to decrease the refresh rate. I'll also bring to your attention that *YOU* set the default refresh rate to 100 - not me. So to be 'compatible' with Windows 2000 your customers have to modify every connection, and the RADMIN experience is not the same when you are sending 15 FPS as opposed to 100.
So your customers are affected because you haven't released a video hook - for 3+ years now.
3. So scripting a remote deployment isn't difficult? So it is safe to say you have already created your own little script to deploy RADMIN? Why not assist your users with it then? Pat is asking for it just a couple posts above this one. If it is so easy, why have your users been asking you for this - for years? I agree it isn't that difficult, but we've had to create our own deployment methods because of your lack of willingness to release one. Now the CEO and you are saying you won't even have one with RADMIN 3.0 - until after RADMIN 3.0 is released. So it is safe to assume this will be another program? Has development started on this yet? Hopefully you started on it a couple years back - with your development cycle, we may never see this program.

It is really disappointing to hear you say deployment is a simple task ... when your customers have been asking for a solution to this. I personally asked famatech for this, and was told I could develop my own. Gee, what an idea - I purchase a product, then have to develop my own method to deploy it. Not to mention installing a remote control program like yours, one of the basics features should be deployment.

The bottom line is -
- Developing a video hook for Windows 2000 should not have taken years, and should have been released already.
- Developing a method to deploy your product should have been released ages ago. Now you make it seem trivial, when even now people would like to have it.
- You have a great product, but it is you have been sitting on your butt while your competition has been developing and releasing product upgrades. Their customers asked for upgrades, and got them. What have your customers gotten? An old program that isn't fully compatible with software released 3+ years ago.

Yes, it functions - but here is a question for you: Would you rather drive down the highway in a new BMW or a 1970 VW ?? Sometimes you need to upgrade - for better features and compatibility. The computer software field changes to quickly to sit on a product for years without making a single upgrade. You quickly / easily get left in the dust. smile:!:
Pat,

Gregor should provide us with a deployment program ... if he fails to come through, I'll be happy to share my method with you.
Just pointing out that it's been 2 weeks...

Michael
Gregor Petrov,

I haven't seen a deployment program released yet - could you send us copies or post it in your utilities section?

I'm guessing I'm not the only one anxiously waiting for this.
Why does it seem like everybody at this company is named Dmitri? smile:?:
Now that I think about it, remote deployement will not be very difficult at all. I think if we copy the necessary files to the network and create a batch file to run in the login script, all systems should be upgraded instantly upon login.

Batch file would look something like this I'd imagine:

@ECHO OFF
copy \\networkname\path\rserver.exe c:\windows\system32\rserver.exe /y

copy \\networkname\path\videohookxp.dll c:\windows\system32\videohookxp.dll

copy \\networkname\path\admdll.dll c:\windows\system32\admdll.dll

call /s \\networkname\path\registryentries.reg
@CLS

This of course would mean that the same settings are brought down everywhere. Oh well who knows.

-Pat
Don't forget that you will have to stop the R_Server Service before any copying.
There might also be problems with your registry entries. If you are copying RADMIN permissions from one machine to another, radmin has issues if it can't resolve the users. So don't copy permissions for Domain Admins if you are copying it to a stand-alone machine. It has been a long time, but missing local accounts also cause issues (if I remember correctly).

Just two more things to consider, but you've got a basic script there smile:-)

Hold on there - why does your video hook say VIDEOHOOKXP.DLL ?? hook us up! smile:-)

Chris A.
Dear "Guest"

There were instructions for remote deployment for Radmin 2.1 in its help file. However these instructions will not be of much use to you because you are clearly too bone lazy to bother reading documentation. What a joke you are.
grrrr,

One of the best and features of a remote control product is the ability to remotely install / de-install as needed.

If you haven't looked at other Remote Control products, you should. This isn't saying you should leave RADMIN behind - but it is nice to know what the competition offers. Look at Dameware's products. Their remote control software includes a remote installation method - not a scripted option that you have to put together. I really like having that as an option - within the software itself.

RADMIN is a great product - but I think it is missing that feature.

That is just my 0.02¢

Chris A.
OK,
I've read what you president said, as wellas a bunch of stuf in your forums, and if you will excuse this observation, it sounds very much like Famatech is willing to make "perfect" the enemy of the "Good".
smile:?:

Why delay implementaion of a 3.0 product because little-used features in XP like Remote Assistance (when most users don't understand what it is or even know it's there) (- for example!) smile:?:
Is there ever gonna be a 3.0 version of radmin. Or at least some kind of patch to fix the bugs for its use on windows xp or 2003. I was told on 12/2002 that there would be a new version of radmin early 2003, here we are in the year 2004 and we have not seen nothing yet. smile:?:
Disatisfied Radmin Customer,

Unfortunetly the development stages of RAdmin 3.0 are not completed yet according to a pervious post. As we all know, Famatech thoroughly tests it's products prior to release. This means, that even after features such as the video hook driver (as well as many others) are completed, testing will still need to be completed before it's released to the public.

The thing that is disappointing is that we were told that all new features were already implemented. We all thought that the release wait was due to the fact that testing was not completed. It turns out that the development wasn't even finished yet! Now that we know what we were lied to, it's evident that the wait will be much longer than anticipated.

So, we can all complain and call Famatech names, but the fact remains that DEVELOPMENT for RAdmin 3.0 is not finished. TESTING for RAdmin 3.0 is also not finished. We are going to have to wait for both of these stages to finish before we get the Server beta. My guess is that will take at least another year. If Famatech releases it in less than a year, I will be very impressed.

At least we got the viewer right? smile:|
Pages: Prev. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next