Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1 2 3 Next
  Views: 32434Topic:: «Here you can post all your general questions directly to Famatech VP» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Dear Radmin users,
when we opened this forum we designed it to be the place where our customers can share their experience, ideas with us and with each other, ask questions and so on. Presently there are over five thousand postings here and I think it's a lot. So I suppose this idea was really successful. Of course, not all the postings I see are positive but anyway it's extremely important for us to know all opinions. Thank you so much for participating.

To support good communication with all of you I'll be regularly answering your questions here. So feel free to post them in this topic. Also I'd like to pay your attention to our CEO interview (http://www.famatech.com/about/news/news_detail.php?ID=76) where he answered the most common questions of our customers.

Best regards,
Dmitri Kourashev
Famatech VP
I was going to recommend something like this after readi1ng your CEO's statement / answers. I like ..ok..I love the idea of you creating a dialog with your customers where questions can be answered in public.
Do you have any knowledge of these rumors about a radmin remote exploit, or backdoor without password into radmin?

http://www.zone-h.com/en/forum/thread/forum=6/thread=4404/

I have heard about this also in this forum, for example at the end of

http://www.radmin.com/support/forum/read.php?FID=11&TID=5828&MID=8700&phrase_id=150869#message8700

I would understand if you reject to comment on this, but it is getting me quite restless, so I would appreciate some comment as to the origin and possible truth of any of this...

Thank you, and congratulations for deciding to give active feedback to your customers.

PS: Also, another difficult question... AGAIN... What is your estimate release date for the server beta? (Well, had to try it!)
Hello,

I read in the interview with your CEO that he said beta testers are welcome if they fill out the registration form. Does this mean that the server portion is also available for beta testing or only the viewer?

Where can I find this registration form on your website?

Thank you,

-Pat
Apologies! I didn't see your response in the other forum! Thank you for your very timely response!

-Pat
Dmitri, is the hook driver complete?
I find it disturbing that customers of yours have to wait so long for answers from you, and when you do answer - you fail to answer.

It is funny that when your CEO answers questions from his customers (life-blood of any company), he seems years behind technology. What does he mean "Window XP's release has influenced our plans"? When did Windows XP get released? Better yet, when was Windows 2000 released?
It appears the dates might have been different in Russia, but they were released in 2001 and 2000 (respectively). *what a joke*

He also mistakenly states that "Basically it satisfies what most of our customers told us they need." So your saying the majority of your customers are happy with the CPU loads RADMIN puts on windows 2000 systems? Where is the video hook for Windows 2000? I'm sorry, I guess adding a wonderful chat or voice conversation feature (which is bound to *increase* CPU load) is more important then fixing what a good portion of your customers have been complaining about? It makes perfect sense to me - why fix the video hook issue that causes high CPU loads, lets just add more semi-useless features. For our non-american readers - that was sarcasm!

I'm also unhappy you decided to include voice communications in your product before something useful like a network deployment feature. Maybe it is me, but in my work environment - we don't deploy speakers and microphones to users. I would guess that most companies are the same way.
How hard is it to develop a deployment program? How long have your users been asking for this?

Since it seems you can't take the couple hours of development time to make deployment tool. I'll *sell* you mine. I've wrote my own program to deploy your product - and it only took me about 2 hours. Guess what, it also works under Windows XP! Whoops, I forgot your program doesn't work well under XP (again - this is sarcasm).

I used to think a lot of your company, things have changed though. Congrats on being written up in the Windows .NET mag, to bad they didn't decide to take into account your piss-poor customer support. Perhaps instead of all your angry customers writing to you (like you really listen), we should instead inform Windows .NET mag (and others) about your lack of support.

smile:!:
You said you want to know how people feel - don't ask a question you really don't want to know the answer to.
Dmitri Kourashev,

Thank you for all of your help thus far. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer questions personally.

I've read that Famatech is currently testing RAdmin 3.0 server at this time and trying to fix known bugs. Could you please release whatever it is you have at this point, so we can see what kind of progress you are making? We understand that it will most likely have bugs to work out, but at the same time, nobody expects a beta version not to have bugs! Let's help each other out and work together towards a quicker release of RAdmin 3.0 final! What say you to that?
Lek,
I did not know about this particular forum but, of course, we know that some guys scan for open 4899 port. However the computer can be hacked only if the user runs Radmin (and doesn't use firewall to protect himself from outside) with zero password. I think it is outstanding breach of any reasonable security requirements however it happens sometimes. To the best of my knowledge, none of such problems were caused by the program, only human inaccurasy or carelessness. In fact, we wanted to disable zero passwords when releasing 2.1 but some users asked us to leave it for them to connect instantly. Anyway zero passwords are disabled in 3.0.

Certainly there are no backdoors or anything like that that can be used by hackers to get access of your computer through Radmin. Just set a good password (over 8 symbols) and be sure that it's secure.

As to the new version - please, read my reply to Pat http://www.famatech.com/support/forum/read.php?FID=11&TID=6228&MID=8698&phrase_id=154094#message8698. Right now I really have nothing to say more.

Best regards,
Dmitri
Batch,

Dmitri, is the hook driver complete?

honestly - it is not. We have solved all major problems related to its interaction with XP but it's still not 100% ready. That is one of the main causes of the delay. BTW I strongly disagree with the guys telling us that this or that feature development should take one week or one month. On this forum I saw sombody telling that he programed some "network installation" module for two hours. That's OK but we are not going to do the job like this. Moreover I think we will not sell anything made for couple of hours. Video hook driver development is not an easy task but I assure you we'll solve it quite soon.

Best regards,
Dmitri
Dear Guest,
in spite of your sharp posting I appreciate your interest to our product and our forum in particular. Probably not all other remote control manufacturers allow their users to participate communicate between each other in forums so I think it could be the reason for your interest.

behind technology. What does he mean "Window XP's release has influenced our plans"? When did Windows XP get released? Better yet, when was Windows 2000 released?
It appears the dates might have been different in Russia, but they were released in 2001 and 2000 (respectively). *what a joke*

It's just the language.
why fix the video hook issue that causes high CPU loads, lets just add more semi-useless features. For our non-american readers - that was sarcasm!

I can assure you that choosing the things needed to develop first is really complex and extremely important process for software company. Your personal experience may not to correspond with the majority of other users. I know that video hook is important but it is not the only important thing.
wrote my own program to deploy your product - and it only took me about 2 hours. Guess what, it also works under Windows XP! Whoops, I forgot your program doesn't work well under XP (again - this is sarcasm).

And how long would it take for you to write some remote access program?
Perhaps instead of all your angry customers writing to you (like you really listen), we should instead inform Windows .NET mag (and others) about your lack of support.

Why do you mention ALL customers? Did we fail to provide our customers technical support anytime? If you have a single letter sent to that and left unanswered, please, let me know.

Best regards,
Dmitri
Pat,

I've read that Famatech is currently testing RAdmin 3.0 server at this time and trying to fix known bugs. Could you please release whatever it is you have at this point, so we can see what kind of progress you are making? We understand that it will most likely have bugs to work out, but at the same time, nobody expects a beta version not to have bugs! Let's help each other out and work together towards a quicker release of RAdmin 3.0 final! What say you to that?

thanks a lot for your question. I'd love to do as you suggest but it's a bit too early to do that. We could release it without having all extra modules ready but we needed to rework whole communication protocol, security and video capturing methods. So we need to finish completely with these basic things first.
Dmitri, Thanks for your honesty. That's all I've been asking for is an honest answer. Without saying names I have been told by some of the other Famatech staff that the video hook was completed a long time ago, but I figured that wasn't true, and that it was the cause of the most of the delay. I don't have anything negative to say now that I know that, I'm just glad you're being honest with us. Can you give us any more information on the delay? What other components have been totally completed, and which are causing a lot of problems? Thanks in advance.
Dmitri Kourashev,

Thanks a lot for your answer. You can't blame a guy for asking smile:D

Will you keep us updated with the progress of the video hook driver? Thanks for being so honest, it's nice not being left in the dark. We had no idea what was going on, which was the cause of frustration I think. Thanks for keeping it real.

Are you guys having problems with any other major parts of the server? Or just little things?

Thanks again,

-Pat
Those last posts were very useful. An honest answer, even if it could mean bad news, will be understood much better and will be much more useful to us. Thanks again Kourashev. Take your time, and keep up the quality.

Lek
Thanks to everybody. As to the status of RServer parts - well, all new modules development (like chat, audio-chat, cursor shape transfer etc) is completed but we still have some bugs not corrected there. New connection protocol support and new security are in about the same stage. The code related to video screen capturing is under some modification as our developers found several new opportunities to increase the speed of work.

Dmitri
Sound great Dmitri! I can't wait for it to see it in action!
Thanks for the update!
Dmitri,

Has Famatech fixed any of the bugs in the last week? What progress has been made in the last week?

-Pat
Yes, a weekly update would be sweet as chocolate over ice cream. Dang it, now I am hungry.
Pages: 1 2 3 Next