Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: Prev. 1 2 3
  Views: 32425Topic:: «Here you can post all your general questions directly to Famatech VP» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Now you can download 2.2 from www.radmin.com. Note, that it's just 2.2, not 3.0 smile:)

Best regards,
Dmitri Kourashev
Dmitri Kourashev,

Is there a place where I can see the changes from 2.1 to 2.2? From what I can see it looks pretty much the same, I don't see any extra security options?
If you install the program and open the viewer, go to Help|Help and select About Remote Administrator.

There is a topic called What's new in version 2.2...
OK thanks I didn't bother to install the viewer since I'm using the 3.0 viewer. I'll try what you suggested.

Thanks
Hello,
just in case you can see the list below:

1) New, fully OS-integrated NT security system with NTLMv2 support. Now permissions for Radmin connections can be given to users from trusted domains and Active Directories. Also, our users will see a familiar security GUI from the Windows OS series.

2) Smart protection from password-guessing and DOS-attacks. This protection includes the following features: anti-hacker delays, attacker IP banning, etc.

3) Server password protection. Now the server software actively protects encrypted password hashes, which are stored in the system registry. Only a user with administrator privileges can access this registry branch.

4) To prevent incorrect Radmin server configurations, it now cannot be used without a password or NT security. Blank password installs are no longer possible.

5) Radmin server now starts as a service only on Windows NT/2000/XP, which greatly improves security.

We're going to publish more info about that on our website.

Best regards,
Dmitri
Is Dmitri Kourashev still answering questions via this forum? I sent him an e-mail about a week ago and never received a response.

Thanks,

Pat
Yes, I'm here.

Dmitri
Ok...I'll just go ahead and resend that e-mail.

Pat
Dmitri,

Did you receive my e-mail? I sent it via the "Send E-mail" function of your forums.

Thanks,

Pat
Pat, I'm afraid I havn't received it. Please, send it to me directly.
Regards,
Dmitri
Thank you kindly sir.
Did you receive my e-mail this time? I sent it to you directly, not through the website.

Pat
Pages: Prev. 1 2 3