Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1 2 Next
  Views: 16176Topic: closed: «Requests for R3» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
1. should have the ability to copy the connections from one computer to another.
2. the ability to scan different ports on the remote computer.
3. the ability to connect from the server to client, id server is behind nat. (Simialar to the call remote feature in pcAnywhere.

and what else could you ask for?
You can copy connections from one computer the other - it's a registry entry and I think the instructions are in the FAQs

You can connect to client ID behind NAT, but you have to use a hop with a public IP.

I haven't read the other requests for version 3.0 but what I'd like to see is a way to sort the connections screen by name or IP address, or at least be able to print it - or export the list for sorting and printing elsewhere
Yeah, server-initiated connections ala VNC that can be scripted would be great.
I agree that maintaining my Radmin shortcuts on all my PCs is a pain.

The ability to lock the client keyboard/mouse and/or blank the client screen would be nice.

I'd also like to have the option of turning on seamless clipboard transfer (a-la rdp), or, at least a shortcut key to keep me off the mouse.
smile:idea:
I would like a remote viewer to see my mousepointer when he's >only viewing< my desktop! That way I can show people how to do stuff but then I can do it locally.
Some additional requests:

1. At the moment it's only possible to switch the user interaction on and of per client. It would be nice that you can override this feature when logging on with a special password. SO that a normal Helpdesk member has to ask permission by to user, but that the Administrator can take over with out a problem. Now it's only possible by hacking the registry first.

2. At the file transfer window that you can just drop a file direct from the Windows Explorer or your Desktop. Like WSFTP Pro.

3. Lock down the settings and stat and stop option so a normal user can't change a thing.
You people have it all wrong!

It has nothing to do with icons, security, testing, protocols or anything like that. It all got to do with licensing. In version 2.1 you purchased a license and was supposed to be honest about it. If you purchased one client/server license you should only install it on one client and server but many people installed it on more machines than the license was for.

Now, in version 3.0 they are trying to keep you from doing just that. They have not found a working model yet. They are not sure how to do it. All they know is they want to lock the license to keep you honest. If you purchase one license you will only be able to install it on one client and server etc. This is whats taking so long. We can all complain and jump up and down but nothing will help. This is the way they want to move and that is it. It does not take a rocket scientist to read between the lines of all their feedback on these fourms to get the picture of what they are doing.

Guest.
Hey People,

It has been leaked out to me from someone within the development team that the form of copy protection they have choosen to use is C-Dilla. Now that they have made the choice, we should see the server portion of the software within a month or two.
I would like a remote viewer to see my mousepointer when he's >only viewing< my desktop!

This is already possible in Radmin 2.1. Use Radmin's "View only" mode.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Famatech Technical Support
has been leaked out to me from someone within the development team

It's a lie.

Nobody of the development team have provided any development information to anyone.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
I would like to lock down certian users (per their local machine) to a view-only connection. I don't want them to have the ability to take control... any suggestions?
1. should have the ability to copy the connections from one computer to another.

Just copy radmin.rpb file to another computer (see Radmin Viewer 3.0b help for details)

2. the ability to scan different ports on the remote computer.

this is not the task of remote access. You can use Famatech Advanced Port Scanner (http://www.famatech.com/radmin/utility/pscanner.php) for this task.

3. the ability to connect from the server to client, id server is behind nat. (Simialar to the call remote feature in pcAnywhere.

The "callback" feature is already in our Wishes list. It will be implemented in future versions of RAdmin.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
It would be fine if radmin client natively support SOCKS5 proxy
I wouldn't put much stock in anything that is designated for a "future version" of RAdmin. Many of us are still waiting for things that were mentioned as being in the "next version" as long as 2 years ago. A quick review of these forums yielded the following:

Q: Occasional screen corruption in certain application/video cards?
A: Will solve in next version - FAMATECH SUPPORT - 08/20/2002

Q: Disable remote mouse?
A: Implemented in next version - FAMATECH SUPPORT - 09/04/2002

Q: Remote screen blanking?
A: In next version - FAMATECH SUPPORT - 09/14/2002

Q: No mousepointer in View Only?
A: Included in next version - FAMATECH SUPPORT - 09/16/2002

Q: Video hook sometimes fails to draw some complex graphics on NT4?
A: Fixed in next version - FAMATECH SUPPORT - 10/03/2002

Q: High CPU usage in Win2000/WinXP?
A: Video hook for those systems in next version - FAMATECH SUPPORT - 10/18/2002

Q: Ability to specify a file to transfer directly (without navigating through directories)?
A: Maybe next version - FAMATECH SUPPORT - 01/03/2003

Q: Ability to bind to a single IP on mulit-IP machine?
A: Planning to include in next version - FAMATECH SUPPORT - 07/14/2003
All I want for Christmas is ...
Remote admin v2.1 is one of the best software i have ever used in my life. but still it has some bugs like using much of proccesor speed of remote machine and making it slower than before. i hope u will bring these changes in the new version
i also request for the new version as soon as possible
regards
Question! i wiev my boyfrined now! can i cahenge from my computer to take full controll? And can i transfer files from his to mine? where? in mode? And can i do something so that he cant to the same to me? think he allready has...
hope and wait 4 answers! c ya!
can i cahenge from my computer to take full controll? And can i transfer files from his to mine? where? in mode?

Yes, you need to use Mode menu for this.

And can i do something so that he cant to the same to me? think he allready has...

Yes, it is possible using Radmin's NT Security Permissions.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
The ability to scan the local network and create a connection icon for every client that has the radmin server running would be nice.
Start and stop applications or services in remote machine
Pages: 1 2 Next