Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 7868Topic: closed: «RAdmin v2.2 builds, different builds» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
So far I've seen 3 different build versions of v2.2. 6/17/04, 6/23/04, and your latest is 7/3/04.

How can we differentiate between the builds? What's being fixed in these "hidden" updates?
This question is answered at this topic:

http://www.famatech.com/support/forum/read.php?FID=11&TID=7191

Be sure to always install the latest build.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Famatech Technical Support
IMO, it is extremely confusing to have multiple releases with the exact same version number. How are your users supposed to know when there is a new version if they can't see that the version number has been incremented in some way? 2.2 => 2.3, or 2.2 => 2.2b, or 2.2 => 2.2.1

Are we supposed to keep downloading it and checking the date?
Guest wrote:
IMO, it is extremely confusing to have multiple releases with the exact same version number

It's company policy not to change version number on minor updates.

I personally would like to help you to be hip to Radmin builds, but, company policy cannot be discussed or changed right now.

Guest wrote:
Are we supposed to keep downloading it and checking the date?

These updates are minor, nothing critical.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Ilia Demenkov wrote:
These updates are minor, nothing critical.

But Ilia, on the other thread you wrote "Be sure to always update to the latest build."
Guest wrote:
company policy cannot be discussed or changed right now

Of course it can be discussed and changed. We are discussing it right now. And your CEO can change it instantly. It is a policy that is most unusual in the software industry and most unhelpful to your customers.
You could also use the age old format of Major.Minor.Revision ie ( 2.2.4, 2.2.5, etc...)
No kidding, you shold use the minor versioning system, or at least put a "latest build date mm/dd/yy/" with the ***** fixes on your main page! If I rely on the software and my job could be on the line for it, I wouldn't even let my mother tell me "these fixes are nothing major" without knowing what was different. I agree, your CEO needs to change this ridiculous policy because it looks like it has no real purpose other than to give a nice big "screw you!" to your customers.
What if all your customers developed a policy where we would not buy a product that sneaks revisions in without documenting them and refuses to detail them?
Probably, we'll add "Last Modified on" notification on "Download" page, but version number will (most probably) stay the same.

Our executives decided that we cannot change version number each week or month or how often updates are issued.

For your information, a new build of Radmin 2.2 will be uploaded this month with only change being the better help file.

You can see chanelog in this forum topic: http://www.famatech.com/support/forum/read.php?FID=11&TID=7191

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Topic will be closed. Company policy is out of discussion.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Pages: 1