Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 7102Topic: closed: «Connect on local network with no password» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Greetings,
I run a local area network at home of 3 computers and to be honest it is quite annoying to always type the password of the computer which I regularily log to using full control.
Is it possible to have an option 'Allow connections from local network without password' ?
Thanks in advanced smile:)
btw, an option 'Shut down computer when transfer is done' Would also be nice...
Z Matrix wrote:
Is it possible to have an option 'Allow connections from local network without password'

No, this would be too insecure.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Famatech Technical Support
Z Matrix wrote:
an option 'Shut down computer when transfer is done' Would also be nice...

Why not just connect in Shutdown mode "when transfer is done"? It allows shutdowning the server in two clicks.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov

Z Matrix wrote:
Is it possible to have an option 'Allow connections from local network without password'

No, this would be too insecure.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov

Hi Ilia , some users ( Like me ) use radmin on their small HOME network so I see nothing insecure about connecting on the LAN with no password as internet access is blocked to the radmin server and only connection from within the LAN is allowed.
What is insecure about it ?

And besides, it is obvious that some user will find it useful to use on their home network so why not make an option of it ? a person can activate it on if he wants to and off if he doesn't want it - in this case I think security is up to the costumer to decide.
Thanks in advanced

Z Matrix wrote:
an option 'Shut down computer when transfer is done' Would also be nice...

Why not just connect in Shutdown mode "when transfer is done"? It allows shutdowning the server in two clicks.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov

hehe smile:)
Why not to connect in shutdown mode and shotdown the server ?
Because I already went to sleep smile:)
I get slow speed in here in radmin for some reason eventhough my network is 100mbit - I should check if its radmins bug or a problem on my side.
Anyway, I copy for example 4Gb from a server computer to a client and because the speed I get is very low such a transfer might take hours so in that case I'd like to auto shutdown either the server or the client...

Thanks in advanced
And btw, think about it... if the OS itself support that kind of feature so how insecure is it ?
In window XP for example you set up the network and choose which folders to share and you have the ability to log to the shared dirs WITHOUT using a password. Its allowed within the network neighborhood , access from the internet is blocked.
So if the OS itself support such a samiliar feature...
Z Matrix wrote:
some users ( Like me ) use radmin on their small HOME network

But other users use Radmin in bank or military networks. We cannot risk product's security by adding such option. An unexpirienced user may enable this option by mistake.

We believe network tools hould be designed in a way making impossible to configure them insecure or unproperly. That's why we released version 2.2.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Z Matrix wrote:
In window XP for example you set up the network and choose which folders to share and you have the ability to log to the shared dirs WITHOUT using a password

It is not a feature that should ever be used, believe me. Any network admin will tell you the same.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Thanks for the reply and I understand the logic behind what you're saying, you simply dont want to give an unexperienced user the ability to misconfigure radmin in a way that may cause him damage.
In my home network it could have been useful but you're right, in bigger networks someone unexperienced could cause damage to himself.
Pages: 1