Login::
Password::
Forgot your password?
Register
Login

Pages: 1
Increase screen updates

Hi: :D

I´m trying to increasing screen updates. In a network with a firewall, a server, my pc (Win 2000 SP4, Pentium 3, 600MHz, 392M Ram) is conected to the server. I conect it to an external Pc, Pentium 4, 2.8GHz, 512M Ram, in XP. Telephon line is ADSL 256Kb. I change from colors configuration, max. screen updates/sec=30 but number of screen updates is 8 more of less. I conected it to the server and ¡¡¡ there are 98 screen updates/sec!!!

I install radmin 2.2. What can I do to increase screen updates?

Thaks ;)

As far as I understand, you have 98 FPS inside your LAN and only 8 FSP when connected to a PC otside of your LAN. This is predictable.

There are a lot of intermediate hosts between your LAN router and target machine. Any of them can be a bottleneck - a host with very high traffic and not enough bandwidth.

You may user traceroute tools to find out what host or hosts cause this. The host with maximum ping time is a bottleneck.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Famatech Technical Support

Hi:

What about tracerout tools? Where can I take some information, IIia Demenkov? What program can i use?

Thaks you very much :)

Windows includes simple traceroute utility named TRACERT.EXE.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov

Ok, :) it is possible there are some bottlenecks :cry: . How can I send information in other way, other route, without bottlenecks :?: Is it possible send information in other way with radmin :?: Is it possible send information in a way without bottlenecks all time :?:
Thanks a lot :D

How can I send information in other way, other route, without bottlenecks

This depends on your network configuration. Please consult your network administrator or ISP tech. support.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Pages: 1