Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 6787Topic:: «I would buy Radmin if it could do this» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
My local wireless isp has me behind a massive firewal. It really sucks that I cannot have any ports forwarded for this. What I have been doing is setting up a remote machine on my uncles DSL and forwarding ports for RealVNC etc, then hosting the files on Abyss web server so I can download them across this firewall. I wish Radmin, could simple act as a proxy server accepting incoming tcp connections at the computer on my uncles dsl line, and then forwarding them back to me here at my firewalled location and have all traffic encrypted. Kinda like a proxy server would. This would allow me to use my uncles dsl connection as if I were there. See what I mean. If this feature gets added then I will most certianly buy your product. also adding a feature to monitor changes in a dynamic IP address and email any changes or ftp etc would be nice.
wish Radmin, could simple act as a proxy server accepting incoming tcp connections at the computer on my uncles dsl line, and then forwarding them back to me here at my firewalled location and have all traffic encrypted

Radmin 2.2 does offer such feature. Use "Connect through host option" when connecting to your computer. Set your uncle's computer as an intermediate host. Radmin Server must be lunched on both computers.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
I downloaded the trial version on my home and uncles computer but have been unable to connect through his connection here at my house. I must be doing something wrong, can you give detailed instructions on how to do this. If it works I will buy a copy. thanks in advance.
1. Make sure TCP/IP protocol is properly installed on both computers (you can check that by PING command. Run IPCONFIG.EXE to find out current TCP/IP configuration and IP's of both computers).

2. Run Radmin Server on the computer you want to control remotely. This computer will be called "remote computer" or "server", and computer you are connecting from is called "local computer" or "client".

3. People from the remote side must tell you the IP address of the remote computer.

4. Make sure, that both computers are connected to network and you can ping remote computer from local computer (use PING command for that).

5. Run Radmin Viewer on the local computer, click "Connect/Connect to" menu, enter the IP address of the remote computer. If all is configured correctly, you will see remote computer's desktop and be able to operate it by mouse and keyboard! See Radmin documentation for details.

If you can't connect, there is things you must check:

- Make sure that port 4899 is opened on remote computer (you can use any
freeware port scanner for this, for example - Advanced Port Scanner
that can be downloaded for free from www.radmin.com)
- If one remote computer uses modem connection, it will be better to get
permanent IP address for it, or you will need to get it's IP each
time it is connected to your ISP.
- If your remote computer is connected to network via proxy or firewall,
make sure that firewall's configured to allow all connections on port 4899.
- If your remote computer is in LAN, has no real IP, and your local
computer is not in the same LAN: please configure your LAN server with
real IP to forward all connections on port 4899 to remote computer,
and use your LAN's server IP instead of remote computer's IP in
"connect to" dialog.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
I have radmin server installed at a remote location with DSL, with all the ports forwarded to the computer.

I have radmin viewer installed at my current location but I am behind a firewall with no ports forwarded.

I am able to connect to the remote machine and download files there then host them on a webserver at the remote location. But it would be much easier if I could somehow use the remote dsl machine's connection like a proxy server or vpn... I am unable to find any options for this in radmin. Is there some other peice of software that can do this?
Pages: 1