Support
Authorization

Newsletter

Settings

Radmin Communication Server 3.0 beta version release!

Forums list
Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1 2 Next
  Views: 21977Topic: closed: «Radmin Communication Server 3.0 beta version release!, Radmin Communication Server 3.0 beta version release!» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
http://www.famatech.com/about/news/news_detail.php?ID=343
Fantastic!!! Another infinite beta for a completely different program instead of the Radmin 3.0 final release. I'm sure everyone will be totally excited about this.

Now we know the real reason it was taking so long for Radmin 3.0; You were simply working on another product! Hip, Hip, Hooray!!! Everybody now....
Radmin Communication Server 3.0 is based on Radmin 3.0.

Radmin Server 3.0 will follow soon.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
So Radmin Communication Server is all the extra's of the long time ago promissed Radmin Server 3, but whithout the Radmin Server 3 ???

As I said in a deleted post: the new product announcement will be embarrassing!

This kind of software is all over the market. Nobody is waiting for another instant messenger.

Everybody wants Radmin Server 3!!! Maybe now would be a good time for some explanation about the future of Radmin?

Please tell us what is going on. It doesn't mather if it isn't such a succes story, as long as it is the truth. And you might consider spending some more words than you are used to do. Just type away, tell us everything!

I am a small customer with one license but still I feel entitled to know whether my free upgrade to Server 3 is still likely.

Good luck
So Radmin Communication Server is all the extra's of the long time ago promissed Radmin Server 3

Not all extras. If you'd like to know more about Radmin CS, visit its page at http://www.famatech.com/radmin/new/rcs.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
I feel entitled to know whether my free upgrade to Server 3 is still likely.

Yes, upgrades from version 2.x to 3.x will be free for registered users.

Radmin Server 3.0 will also support Chat and Voice Chat features presented in Radmin CS, but keep in mind that Radmin CS will offer richer commuication capabilities than Radmin Server 3.0, since Radmin CS is a specialized product.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Radmin Communication Server 3.0 is based on Radmin 3.0.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov

Thanks for the update. Any sort of quantification for the word 'soon'?
I hear that alpha v 4.0 is scheduled to be released soon after v 3.0

In the meantime by popular demand v 2.1 is being re-released!

Enjoy everyone!
I've got your beta installed on a windows 2003 enterprise edition server. Install and setup went pretty well.

How do I manage operators? What can an operator do that a normal user wouldn't be able to do? I've added myself as a user and granted "all access".

Thanks
How do I manage operators?

Managing RCS is described in its help file.

What can an operator do that a normal user wouldn't be able to do?

The operator can moderate the channel by changing a password, giving read-only status to certain users, etc.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
How much is this communication server going to cost when the final version is released? Is it licensed per server like RAdmin or by client only allowing the number of connections that the license permits?

Is there a way to grant a user operator access to the #general channel?

I have some ideas to greatly enhance the communication server. There should be more security attributes under RAdmin security and WinNT security. Instead of just having, "all access", "chat" and "audio chat", there should be an administrator security attribute. This administrator security attribute should give the user operator rights to every channel regardless of who created it. Also, another operator should not be able to remove the operator rights from a user who is granted this administrator security attribute. A user with the administrator security attribute should be able to kick users and edit chat messages (after all there is a mute option, why not kick?). There should also be an option for administrators to control which users can access certain channels. For example, an administrator could create a channel that only other administrators could view. A user with the administrator security attribute should also be able to make announcements, which show up in every open channel such as "Server will be shutting down in 10 minutes for scheudled maintenance! Please try connecting again in one hour."

There should also be a security attribute to allow a user to create a new channel, instead of just giving all users rights to do it.

There should also be an option (disabled by default) to allow annonymous access (user must enter a nickname but is not required to enter a password) to certain pre-specified channels. For a large meeting, it may not be desirable to setup user accounts for every person that is to take place in the meeting.

Lastly, there should be a way to disable a user (not completely delete and have to re-create) so they can't join until the administrator re-enables their account. This could serve as a temporary ban function.

I think these changes would greatly enhance the communication server by increasing the security and putting more options into the hands of the people in charge. What do you guys think?

Pat
Ilia Demenkov wrote:

A week, a month, a year, a few years? What does "soon" mean in the parlance of Famatech?
Note, that Radmin Communication Server is not an IRC client/server. The goal of our product is to provide companies and individuals with fast, stable and secure chat system. Advanced administration options you described are useful, but only on large networks with 1000+ users.

Current version will have a security system just like in the beta version. Maybe, operator rights and channel passwords will be the same in Voice chat and Text chat, but this is still in discussion.

Further evolution of our products are affected by our users wishes and the way they uses our program. If it would be used in large networks and our users will ask for such advanced security management, it will be implemented.
Best regards, Gregor Petrov, Famatech
Gregor Petrov,

OK I understand what you're saying. I know it's ultimately up to the developers on what they want to implement into their software, however, I just wanted to let you know that I would most likely not purchase the software as it is right now. After all, I am just testing the software and giving you my opinion on it. I would like to point out that this communication server run incredibly smooth (especially for a beta version), just like all products I've come to expect from Famatech.

If you do plan on implementing these administrative options into your communication server, will you make an announcement? If these options get implemented I will recommend the software for purchase in my place of business.

What is the approximent cost of the communication server and how is it licensed?

Is there a way to add an operator to the #general channel?

I've never used IRC so I don't know what you're talking about.

Thanks,

Pat
What is the approximent cost of the communication server and how is it licensed?

RCS (Server) will be paid, while RCC (Client) will be free.

As in most cases the single RCS (and a lot of RCC's) will be needed, it promises to be a very cost-effective solution.

RCS cost is not set yet.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Well despite all the usual nay-sayers, I'm still excited to see some activity. I've downloaded the Beta to try out. The office is moving (finally) from a Windows 2000 client/server, Exchange 2000 environment to a Windows XP client, Windows 2003 Server, Exchange 2003 environment.

The key change there is that Microsoft removed the built-in Intranet Messenger support from Exchange 2000 and instead implemented it as a separate product which, of course, you have to pay for. Our management, no matter how much easier this makes communication throughout the sales/development/media departments, isn't going to fork over the money for Microsoft's product so we're about to lose out inter-office Messenger use. So, I'm definitely interested in trying this out, though like anything, it will ultimately come down to price. We're a bit spread out in our office, but we're still not all that big so if the cost is too high I won't be able to justify it any more than Microsoft's product.

I'm particularly excited to see the Beta for Radmin 3.0. I've been waiting on this release more or less the entire time... The company I work for uses Radmin (heavily) and my previous one bought it when it first became available and I've checked these boards daily/monthly just as long as anyone else. That said, after all this time, just today we hit a CRITICAL need for the Video hook support. Some of our development efforts use transparency and without that video hook we can't SEE it through Radmin, so I do sincerely hope it's not too much longer. As always, keep up the good work Radmin. I'm not going to say I haven't complained, but whatever else, Radmin is a quality product.
Matt Philmon wrote:
Well despite all the usual nay-sayers, I'm still excited to see some activity

I am excited to, but we saw these chat thingies for the first time in Radmin Viewer 3 beta. So it is save to assume that since then only the chat server has been finished, and that it is now presented as a separate program.

Moreover, there is a abundance of this kind of programs. I agree that combined with Radmin Server 3 it would be usefull, but as a stand-alone solution I think it is not so interesting.

The status of Radmin Server 3 is still a mystery. And nobody at Famatech is willing to say anything about it (short from saying that it is comming 'soon' ).
"Radmin Server 3.0 will also support Chat and Voice Chat features presented in Radmin CS, ..."

Am I the only one that doesn't get excited when I keep reading this over and over again? Every time I see this, I think "Big deal.. when I need to 'chat' I open up notepad and send a quick note the user". If not that.. I use the phone.

I'm looking forward to 3.0 coming out, just so it will finally be out. I feel like I've been waiting for 3.0 since I was born.
James Taylor wrote:
I feel like I've been waiting for 3.0 since I was born.

If you were born in the fall of 2001, then this is literally true.

Delays in the software industry are common. But RAdmin 3.0 has to be setting some sort of record.
Please move the discussion of RCS to "Beta Testing" forum.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Pages: 1 2 Next