Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 8013Topic: closed: «For gods sake..., *sigh*» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Hi,

I KNOW that you have alot to do and software development takes TIME. But by now you should atleast be able to say in what quarter in what year you EXPECT to be able to release a public beta.(Eaven if it might not happend) If not you should be able to say something like; we are working on "this" module in radmin server right now.

For gods sake give us SOMETHING! smile:!:
Do you actually expect to get a useful answer? I can't believe you even asked...I can't believe I'm replying to this! I'm outta here!
Our developement team is working on the new video hook driver for Win 2000/XP/2003 for Radmin 3.0, polishing and bug-fixing Radmin Communication Client and also working on a completly new network software.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Our developement team is working on the new video hook driver for Win 2000/XP/2003 for Radmin 3.0, polishing and bug-fixing Radmin Communication Client and also working on a completly new network software.

Why don't you finish Radmin 3.0 before starting on projects nobody asked for?
Why don't you finish Radmin 3.0 before starting on projects nobody asked for?

Famatech is an independed software developer. We do not do custom software products, so you cannot "order" some product, feature or a special version from Famatech.

Strategic decisions like what products should be developed and marketed are up to Famatech executives and not some kind of "public council".

Nobody asked for Radmin 1.0 is 1998, still it was developed.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Ilia,
With all due respect...
I agree with Chis.
Radmin's success is due to the fact that it is a very quick and easy to manage Remote Management Tool.
I never asked for the ability to open a CD-Drive tray or the ability to voice/text chat through radmin. But I do hope that some of the issues of Radmin server 2.x would be eventually solved in version 3.
My last post in this forum was more than 6 months ago... My latest feedback was that the delay was because you were looking for a good piracy prevention code/algorithm/mechanism. All this is acceptable.
However I cannot agree that I still have to guess what my cursor looks like in the client machine when I'm tutoring someone in Excel. I cannot accept that when I d-click I have to guess whether it's a slow connection or whether the d-click wasn't transfered correctly (not so uncommon for slow PCs/links).

And as Chris said the market is full of voice/chat/communication applications. Yes, this is serverless... But so is "net send" and the numerous GNU GUIs around!

Just my &10 bits...
The reason that people are upset with the delay in 3.0 is because we all use 2.x and love it. We want 3.0 to come out so we can use the new features. I want the video hook driver because I remember when I used 2.0 on NT how fast it all worked without affecting the server side. I miss that. This is something that was promised some time ago but yet to be delivered.

I understand that you develop what you want to but as users we feel the right to get what we were promised. Years to get one version out is a bit excessive considering the size of the program. I have been around long enough to have seen every excuse for vaporware that there is. Back when I was selling Atari ST computers the most common thing heard from Atari was "Real Soon Now". We don't want RSN, we either want the product or an anouncement that it will never happen.

Put it out so that we can better use one of the most useful programs ever made (probably running neck-in-neck with Ghost on that.)

Hey, there's an idea: You made something that is way better than PCAnywhere, now make something that kicks the ***** out of Ghost....hmmmm

On a side note: Thanks for responding to these. I know that constantly answering "Where the #@#@! is 3.0?" has got to be a drag.
Pages: 1