Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 6437Topic:: «Remote Support Billing Function, Remote Support Billing Function» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Hi All, I must say that I really like Remote Admin and have been using it for several years now at my workplace. Very simple to use and gets the job done.

I have been thinking about starting a Remote Support company for residential and commercial clients but I wished Radmin had some way of running a comma dilimited report that would show start date and end date plus total time of connections. Is this being considered on future releases? This could also be helpful to companies trying to determine which retards are taking the most of the IT departments time smile:-)
This is alredy available in Radmin 2.2. Radmin Server logfile shows start date & time and end date & time for each connection.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Of course the RAdmin Server log file is located on the remote PC in your scenario and would have to be 'retrieved' perhaps with another file transfer RAdmin session to all your clients (not very practical). Plus I'm not sure a plain text file on the client's PC is the best place for a log that is used for billing that very same client.

There may be other helpdesk remote control products that already do this. If you wanted to use RAdmin I would think you'd want to write a wrapper program that would list your clients and launch the RAdmin viewer using command line switches. The program could then monitor the viewer process and be able to tell when it was closed. This would give you everything you needed for accounting/billing.

Just my thoughts anyhow.
Of course the RAdmin Server log file is located on the remote PC in your scenario and would have to be 'retrieved' perhaps with another file transfer RAdmin session to all your clients (not very practical). Plus I'm not sure a plain text file on the client's PC is the best place for a log that is used for billing that very same client.

Radmin Server allows you to change the location of the logfile. You can set Radmin Server to store the logfile at the remote host using UNC path or a mapped drive.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Radmin Server allows you to change the location of the logfile. You can set Radmin Server to store the logfile at the remote host using UNC path or a mapped drive.

It would not be normal for a service that is logging in/running as the local system account to have network access so a UNC path or mapped drive should not work. I tried a quick test with both methods and neither worked. Even if you could get it to work by changing the service login account, it still would not be very practical or secure to use the log file for billing purposes.
Even if you could get it to work by changing the service login account, it still would not be very practical or secure to use the log file for billing purposes.

I would totally agree. This is not what logging was designed for. Although there's a way to use Radmin's log file for billing, this task is far beyond of common tasks of an administrator.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Pages: 1