Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 5858Topic:: «Setting Restrictions in RAdmin, How to allow only specified IP-Addresses in RAdmin-Viewer» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
I want to allow a user to make remote session to only 3 other pc's (fix ip-addresses).
How can I restrict his Viewer only to see this addresses and don't allow him to add additional addresses?
Use Radmins NT security on the 3 pc's and add the username/password on these 3 pc's.
Bernd Kals!

Please follow the advice from janvdweyer. Even if you restrict the user from adding new connections to Radmin Viewer, the user will still be able to connect using command line. So adding the user in question to Radmin's NT Security Permissions list on these 3 hosts only or (if you cannot use NT Security) telling the user passwords for these 3 hosts only is the best solution.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Is it (or will it) be possible to give File Transfer access to a specified folder (or groups of folders), rather than the entire workstation?
Is it (or will it) be possible to give File Transfer access to a specified folder (or groups of folders), rather than the entire workstation?

Unfortunately, it is not possible with Radmin 2.2. As far as I know, Radmin 3.0 will not include such feature either. I agree that this would be a very useful feature. It may be implemented in further versions.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
If Radmin 3.0 (or a future version) implemented user impersonation, then all permissions could be set up using Windows security whether it be file & folder security, or control over what the user can tell the machine to do, such as preventing the user from shutting down/rebooting the machine.

If they did this then it would likely make it the best remote control tool hands down.
Pat Waugh wrote:
Unfortunately, it is not possible with Radmin 2.2. As far as I know, Radmin 3.0 will not include such feature either. I agree that this would be a very useful feature. It may be implemented in further versions.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov

OK, thanks!
Pages: 1