Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 8320Topic:: «.Net Support Please, Title pretty much says it.» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Im apologise i did not get to search the site much. Im pressed for time, so i just wanted to pass on a suggestion, or request that would be incredibly helpful to me and others, as well as im sure will be required for full 2003 support.

Im no genius as to how to incorperate .Net support to a client. All i know is that i have to work with .Net applications and after many frustrating hours of thinking my app was not working correctly. I discovered that RAdmin2.2 and 3.0 just would not show my .Net Application.

I love remote admin. I will never use PCAnywhere ever. But i do need to be able to see this .Net app. My job requires that i do. Everything worked great until the new version of this app came out in .Net code, now im in the tough spot of possibly switching to Timbuktu until RAdmin has a solution for this.

Please If there is any more info on this, please email me as i cant usually get back to forums too often.

Thank you
What are you tyrying to acheive? We have used radmin and VB6 using command line not 'nice' but it worked very well. The only thing you can't do is send the password.

smile:)
Paul Curran wrote:

What are you tyrying to acheive? We have used radmin and VB6 using command line not 'nice' but it worked very well. The only thing you can't do is send the password.

To tell you the truth i dont know exactly how to explain it. So i'll do my best to describe the scenario and what the programmers of the application told me.

I work with a program used for device automation. In their most recent version they wrote some of their applications that get launched by the main program in .Net. One of those application programs is a Scheduling app. When i go to edit a schedule, that application loads and has a nice ol pretty calendar on it, and some other buttons. Well the program launches just fine, but i cant see it in remote admin. i can see the windows behind it, but i cant see the active window.

I was told its a issue with Radmin not fully supporting the .NET app.

I know a lot of people that use remote admin and also use this same software im using, in fact one of my clients, SBC will only use Remote Admin. That says a lot to RAdmin considering how anal SBC's security is. But now theres a conflict. So i really need to try to figure out exactly what it is that makes RAdmin not work for this program.

Any Ideas?
Well the program launches just fine, but i cant see it in remote admin.

That's not because the application is written using .NET. The reason is non-standard GUI objects used in the application's window.

There is a Hardware Acceleration option in Windows located at "Start->Control Panel->Display Properties->Settings->Advanced->Troubleshooting->Hardware Acceleration", which has the default set at FULL. Try setting it to NONE on the remote (server) computer. This may solve the problem.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Ilia Demenkov wrote:
There is a Hardware Acceleration option in Windows located at "Start->Control Panel->Display Properties->Settings->Advanced->Troubleshooting->Hardware Acceleration", which has the default set at FULL. Try setting it to NONE on the remote (server) computer. This may solve the problem.

Well, that was a good thought, though that doesnt seem to help the problem much.

Round #2

Any other guesses?

(thank you btw, it sounded like a pretty good idea.)
Go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Display->Appearance->Effects and disable all effects on the remote (server) computer. This solves issues with transparent tooltips and windows under WinXP.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
What OS is the host machine?
Ilia Demenkov wrote:
Go to Start->Settings->Control Panel->Display->Appearance->Effects and disable all effects on the remote (server) computer. This solves issues with transparent tooltips and windows under WinXP.

Round #3.

Still no dice. i'll play with some of those settings some more.

and so far it has done it on win2k, WinXP SP2, Win2003 ENT.

I've made this matter known to the programmers of the software, hopefully they can help shed some light on this too.
Pages: 1