Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 20373Topic:: «Radmin web viewer» on forum: Famatech Software Good Wishes
Dear sir,

I have deployed Radmin 2.2 in our company network. It is really perfect especially the speed even through Internet connection. I can control a remote computer just like I am sitting in front of it.

However, I have a question about Radmin. I want to know that why Radmin do not have web viewer. It is more convenient to connect to other pc even you do not have Radmin administrator. I want know whether you have planned to development it. I think it is the trend to make software simpler. Another famous remote control software VNC have this function for a long time.

So, now in our company, some staff use Radmin and the other use VNC. I really wish you to consider this. Thank you.

Regards,
Alan
I want to know that why Radmin do not have web viewer

There's no web interface for Radmin, since it would be great security hole. Releasing web-based user interface would force endless attacks to your Radmin Server from the Web and, most importantly, web traffic encryption is much poorer than internal Radmin encryption, so passwords can be stolen.

That's why you must download Radmin from our site and install it on your computers in order to use Remote Administrator. Anyway, we are constantly thinking about solution, so it may be developed later.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
I know this has been disussed time and time again in these forums, but I'd like to bring up a couple points/ask a few questions...

- How is a web based interface any more of a security whole than opening the RAdmin port to the outside world ? If port 4899 is open to the world, all I need to do is download the client ( if I don't already have it ) and connect. being able to use a browser to try to connect removes only one, trivial step, and is hardly a major security factor one way or another since the client is easily available.

- Personally, I will *never* open any Radmin port to the Internet, client software required or not. If you want to connect to our machines running Radmin, you first have to authenticate/connect via VPN.

- "web traffic encryption is much poorer than internal Radmin encryption, so passwords can be stolen." ???
Granted, ssl may not be the holy grail of encryption. But given that there are millions of web sites using it, including ecommerce, banking, etc., etc., I'd say it's proven technology.
If ssl were that bad I doubt very much we'd have gone as long as we have using it to protect the *tons* of data being transferred over the Internet daily.

- Given the number of times this request comes up, I think it's safe to say it's a major selling point. Just how many more sales do you think you'd get if you offered it ? My guess is at least enough to cover the cost of development.

- What's to stop you from including it, but leaving it disabled by default ? Then, if someone really wants it, they can turn it on.
VNC uses a different port for for web/client connections. Seems to me you could do the same thing, and then everyone could just block access to that port from the outside.

Really...All I want is to allow access via a browser from *inside* our network. Switched environment, facist logging and restrictions, regular audits. If someone is able to sniff, then decrypt ssl traffic on our internal lan, there are certainly juicier targets and easier methods of access than trying to crack a username/password sent to Radmin.
Web-based viewer may be developed later, when we are sure this is secure and have enough resources to devote them to this task.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov
Hi Ilia,
I asked you before already. Please develop the web viewer for radmin client. Radmin web viewer will be used on the private network. We like Radmin but if you do not develop web interface, we would need to find some other product that does.

I am sure it's not that hard to write the interface.
You got already too many requests, it time to move on.

Sincerely
Alex K
This would be a nice add on to Firefox / IE, where we could use some type of dyndns server or IP address, and access the request from the client that way.

Any hope on seeing a Browser plug in sometime soon?

That's why you must download Radmin from our site and install it on your computers in order to use Remote Administrator. Anyway, we are constantly thinking about solution, so it may be developed later.

Best regards,
Ilia Demenkov

My vote. Make it happen. This is too important not to address. Many other remote control systems allow you to hit the server with an http request over a browser and basically start up a small JAVA applet that acts as the remote viewer client inside the browser.

This NEEDS to be done. Clients don't want to install more software and need to be able to access their machines using a simple web browser when on the road or in a hotel, etc.

This seems like such a natural step. even if the java client has only remote view and control without all of the frills at first. I don't see why this is any more of a security risk than having to poke a hole in my router's firewall to allow access in the first place.

This would also make the radmin suite more competitive to hosted pay per month solutions like go to my pc and log me in.

smile:D
Pages: 1