Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1 2 Next
  Views: 26196Topic:: «How to connect to a LAN network» on forum: Network management general discussion
We are having LAN network in our office. The cable from internet is connected to switch, and all the systems are connected to that switch. Now i would like to know how to connect to this network from some other network. How can i monitor all the systems of this LAN from other place.
The possible solution is to configure your router/firewall to forward connections on port 4899 to computer 127.0.0.1, connections on port 4898 to computer 127.0.0.2, connections on port 4897 to computer 127.0.0.3, etc (ports and IP's are only examples). Now you can run Radmin Viewer outside the NATed LAN and connect to the router/firewall using different ports to be forwarded to different Radmin Servers inside the LAN.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
Thanks for your reply,
But i was able to connect even the port numbers are different for example for server i have given port 4890 and for client i have give default 4899 even then its connecting.
And if i give port 4890 to client then its not connecting and giving error "can,t connect to server" .

I will be thankful if u can help me.

But i was able to connect even the port numbers are different for example for server i have given port 4890 and for client i have give default 4899 even then its connecting.

Did you restart Radmin server after you change port number?
How many Radmin Server's installed? 3?

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
Once again thanks for your reply,
I got it by restarting the radmin. One more problem i have is how to forward the conncetions on ports to computers. We are using switch.
And i think u know our office setup, the connection from service provider is connected directly to switch and all systems in lan are directly connected to switch.

Can we assign different port numbers for different ports of switch.

We are using switch.
And i think u know our office setup, the connection from service provider is connected directly to switch and all systems in lan are directly connected to switch.

Could you please tell me model of this switch?

Can we assign different port numbers for different ports of switch.

No.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
Sure,
Ours is D-Link Model DES-1024D.
You need to configure port forwarding rules on your server/router or on your ISP server if you want establish connection from internet to this computers. Also you can connect them from other network but you should know their external IP addresses.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
Thanks for ur early reply, but we dont have router we are using windows 2003 server. can u tell me how configure port forwarding rules in detail.
Can u help me out how to connect to 5 systems in network using switch in my office from my home. can i connect through internet.
How to configure,
Please help me.

we are using windows 2003 server

On which pc this system installed?

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
On windows 2003 server we had installed viewer and on all remaining windows xp pcs we had installed radmin server.
You should configure your pc with Windows 2003 server to forward incoming connection to corresponding computers that you want to conrol remotely.
Describe you server (cumputer with Win2003 server installed on it) environment please.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
I was really thankful to you,
First of all i was not able to connect to that windows 2003 server only. Since the ip of the server is 192.168.1.1 and the static ip is 59.256.89.15 (all ips are examples) how should i connect to it. After that i can forward incomming connections to corresponding systems.

how should i connect to it.

You should use this ip

address for establish connection to server.
Since 192.168.1.1(example) is internal ip address of the server in your local network.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
Yes if i give that external ip address to where it will connect since this ip is not directly connected to any system. Its connected to switch through modem. How will it connect.

where it will connect

It will connect to Win2003 server i guess, if no please clarify your network scheme.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
No, how will it connect directly to windows 2003 server even i had tried, but it dont. Since all systems clients and windows 2003 server are directly connected to different ports of switch. How does it connect only to windows 2003 server, it can connect to any system know.
For this i am asking what to do, how should i directly connect to server. If i got this my problem will be solved.

How does it connect only to windows 2003 server

Does your modem allow data packet routing ?
If yes you can configer it force connections to Win 2003 server.
If no, i hope there is another way of how to do it, also you can ask for this your system administrator.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
No, my modem doesnt allow any data packet routing.
You had said that there is another way of doing it, I request you to please post the procedure of doing it. I hope this will solve my problem.

Pages: 1 2 Next