Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 5835Topic:: «Password pass-through feature request, with connect through host» on forum: Network management general discussion
I have a radmin "gateway" computer setup to wholly serve as a passthrough device to our other servers. (Instead of having every server accessible directly from the Internet) It works out better than I ever expected; but it would be nice to have a password pass-through feature to prevent our vendors from entering their username and password twice. (Once on the gateway, once on the destination server)

Also, I'd like to see better accounting in the log file. Which user logged in at 4:00 AM? For how long? Which computer did they try to redirect to? Did they remote control or remote transfer? Just telling me what IP typed an incorrect password is not enough. Tell me what username had an incorrect login. While you're at it, give Radmin the ability to automatically block an IP for a user-selectable amount of time after a selectable number of failed attempts.

I wouldn't think these additions would be too much trouble to add. I'm a five-year customer, and am getting anxious for Radmin Server 3.

it would be nice to have a password pass-through feature to prevent our vendors from entering their username and password twice.

Unfortunately Radmin doesn't suport this feature.

I'd like to see better accounting in the log file.

We'll improve log file entries in Radmin Server 3.0

While you're at it, give Radmin the ability to automatically block an IP for a user-selectable amount of time after a selectable number of failed attempts.

Radmin 2.2 security features:
Smart protection from password guessing. This protection includes such features as password anti-guessing security delays, banning IP addresses with excessive number of password guess attempts, etc.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
Ken, you could disable the password on the "gateway" machine and then disallow all connections to that machine EXCEPT the passthru. That would be a little faster, but you'd lose the ability to remotely administer the machine.

Of course, you could always use another remote program (like NetCat) to "enable" the other features of radmin via a *.reg script.

If you can manage to get NT autehntication, then in the SECURITY Event log you will see a better logged history.
Haii ken, can u or anyone can explain how is ur set up is I think as u had made radmin on a "gateway" computer,U had 2 nic chords for gateway system isnt it. And after entering to this how u are able to connect to all other servers. Pls help me......
Pages: 1