Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 9645Topic:: «Radmin cannot start, Cannot Start Radmin» on forum: Network management general discussion
[B][FONT=Impact][COLOR=blue]

I logged into my server using Remote Desktop Connection and tried to start radmin, but radmin did not start. I remember Radmin started when I logged in using VNC. But I no longer have VNC. Please let me know the solution

smile:(
but radmin did not start.

Do you use Radmin default settings?
Try please locate r_server process in Windows Task Manager. If there is no process with this name then try please start Radmin Server service manually.
Go to Start->Run type "net start r_server" press Enter button. If'll you fail again try r_server /install then r_server /start commands from command line.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
Hi,

I tried this, but did not work. I can see r_server in the process, but there is no icon in the taskbar.

Regards
I can see r_server in the process

This mean Radmin started successfully.

but there is no icon in the taskbar.

Radmin 2.2 has a feature Hide Tray Icon.
You can check whether it enabled or not at Start->Programs->Remote Administrator v2.x->Settings for Remote Administrator server. Click "Options" button. Look at "Hide tray icon" checkbox.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
Hi,

I tried the option to show the icon in the tray, but still did not work.

I noticed another thing. Still r_server.exe running in process, I can log into my server, but its going to a different user session. Not the same Administrator session where I have logged in using Remote Desktop Connection.

When radmin logs in a different user session, I cannot connect it to the Administrator session which is started by Remote Desktop ( I had disconnected the Remote Desktop connectionas well).

But when I log in to server using VNC, same time radmin can login to the same session.

So please tell me how to login to the same session which is started by remote desktop connection ( as administrator)
So please tell me how to login to the same session which is started by remote desktop connection ( as administrator)

Radmin is not compatible with Remote Desktop. It is not recommended to use more than one remote access tools on the same computer. Moreover, there's no need to use Remote Desktop connection when Radmin connection is available, since Radmin offers functionality similar to Remote Desktop plus a lot of additional features.

Best regards,
Roman Makarov.

Famatech
Technical Support.
Pages: 1