Topics list
New topics
Search
Rules
Help
Login: 
Register

Pages: 1
  Views: 5906Topic:: «R-Viewer 3 Final, Password saving» on forum: Network management general discussion
i was wondering if you guys can add a password saving option in R-Viewer 3 final version.

Because i have like 300 PC in the field right now with R-Admin 2.2 server installed and i have to enter the password everytime i connect to each single one for troubleshooting. I hate that. plus when we are also deploying another 200 PC in by the end of the year, i would really hate to enter each password.

R-Viewer 3 final should have an option to save a username if R-Admin 3 is being used and if R-Admin 2.2 is being used it should have an option to just save the password only.

It could be just like Windows XP remote desktop has it, you can store the username and password. next time you just double click it and your in. not having to enter each username and password always.

Please add this if you can, this would be a life saver, from my point of view.
Sun Sin wrote:
i would really hate to enter each password.

1. Set a new password on your local machine.

2. Run regedit.exe and export [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\RAdmin\v2.0\Server\Parameters\Parameter] key to PASSWORD.REG file.

3. Upload PASSWORD.REG file to the remote server and import it to server's Registry (e.g., by executing regedit.exe /s PASSWORD.REG).

Sun Sin wrote:
i was wondering if you guys can add a password saving option in R-Viewer 3 final version.

Radmin Viewer does not remember Server passwords and will not remember them in future releases.
Please read the following forum topic for more info: http://www.radmin.com/support/forum/read.php?FID=19&TID=6377

If Radmin would have option to remember passwords, some of your employee would be able to turn this option on and as a result:

a) anyone who'll access this employee's computer will be able to access all the remote computers where Radmin Server is running, and all the confidential information stored there.

b) A hacker would be able to steal the encrypted passwords, decrypt them and use to hack into your servers. As passwords would be stolen from Radmin data, users would blame Famatech for releasing insecure application.

So even the optional possibility of remembering passwords would be a great security hole.

However, you can create VB Script which would run Radmin, wait until connection is established and then enter your password:

set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.Run "radmin.exe /connect:10.0.0.1 /locolor /updates:10 /fullscreen"
WScript.Sleep 4000
WshShell.AppActivate "Enter password for 10.0.0.1"
WScript.Sleep 500
WshShell.SendKeys "yourpassword"
WshShell.SendKeys "{ENTER}"

Create a text file called 10.0.0.1.VBS and copy and paste the code into it and edit it. Then double click the file.

It would be insecure (since anyone who'll be able to access client computer and success finding VBS file on your harddrive could know the password) and you should use this method at your own risk. But since this VB Script will be written by you, Famatech wouldn't take responsibility for possible hacks.

You can see example at Radmin forum:
http://www.radmin.com/support/forum/read.php?FID=12&TID=176&ID=3118
Pages: 1