I followed the instructions as outline in another post (slient installation - copied below for reference) for remotely installing the RAdmin 2.2 server, however I can't see the remote server when attempting access.
1. I installed RAdmin server on a clean PC
2. I copied the registry keys [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Radmin] -> Settings.reg
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Radmin] -> Settings2.reg
3. I copied the r_server.exe
4. I couldn't locate file raddrv.dll on the PC even after showing all hidden files and/or system files. In addition, I saw the raddrv.dll copied to the Program Files during the install.
5. Copied 2-3 to a directory on another server, sharing the parent directory.
6. Created batch file and gave test user Local Admin & Domain Admin rights to the workstation
7. Upon login, batch file executed copying files to appropriate locations on local PC and merging in registry changes from Settings.reg and Settings2.reg into the registry, r_server.exe executed however received can't start service error.
8. Manually started r_server.exe and received notification that "would only be started as a service"
From that point, I don't see the service running in the Services conosole nor can I access the remote server from my viewer. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Radmin Server does need to be installed. Here is a sample script for Windows, which installs Radmin Server as a system service on the computer. Change the file paths to your values. To execute the script on network computers, use logon scripts in Windows NT networks.
net use z: \\server\d
copy "z:\install\radmin\r_server.exe" "%systemroot%\system32\r_server.exe"
copy "z:\install\radmin\raddrv.dll" "%systemroot%\system32\raddrv.dll"
%systemroot%\system32\r_server.exe /install /silence
regedit.exe /s z:\install\settings.reg
net use z: /delete
NOTE: Under Windows NT/2000/XP/2003, user executing this script must have administrator rights to install the service.
1) Maps a disk drive z: to \\server\d
2) Copies Radmin Server files to the Windows system folder.
3) Installs Radmin Server as a system service.
4) Saves server settings to the registry.
5) Delete the z: drive
Radmin Server settings (tray icon options, port, logfile options, IP filter settings, password) are stored in the registry. You can copy these settings from one computer to another:
You need to define these settings on a sample computer. You can do it using "Settings for Remote Administrator server" from the Start menu.
2) Run regedit.exe and export the settings from the Registry to a file such as settings.reg.
3) Save these settings from the file to the registry of the other computer by executing:
regedit.exe /s settings.reg
You can install Radmin through a network management software from other vendors (like ScriptLogic). We can provide you with standard Radmin 2.2 MSI package if you wish, so you can modify it to suit your needs.